Is a capacitor necessary?

Please dont listen to any of the stupid fucking replies in here, except maybe the one about getting ahold of Mechman... He'll steer you in the right direction...

With less than 2k watts, you should be fine with an extra battery...

x2 listen to this guy.... wow the first few post u guys are ass holes having fun teasing the new guy but for real though in my opinion having a cap is just giving ur alternator an extra unnecessary thing to charge and putting more stress on it. Go with an extra batt!

cowboys_logo.gif

On my brother-in-laws setup we removed a 5 farad cap and he gained 2 db, no joke. So caps can be bad, on the right application, they work well, but for the most part a big no no.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

x2 listen to this guy.... wow the first few post u guys are ass holes having fun teasing the new guy but for real though in my opinion having a cap is just giving ur alternator an extra unnecessary thing to charge and putting more stress on it. Go with an extra batt!

good point never thought about that, but when you start up youre gonna have to use amps to fill up the caps

i remember a vid with steve saying that when he turns on the RF 15ks, theyre drawing like 240A just to fil the caps inside the amps themselves

insane haha

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

I'm been doing a lot of studying with my car audio and majority are people are wrong with the battery/cap thing. A battery will add a load to your stereo just like a cap will. If the battery is not used for starting, technically it's a cap. I guess people feel better using batteries. Extra batteries or caps do the same thing, but caps do it more efficiency. I know it sounds silly, but I would love to see a build were instead of buying 10 batteries, someone brought 10 big caps. If you have the alts to support your setups, it should work better in theory.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

I'm been doing a lot of studying with my car audio and majority are people are wrong with the battery/cap thing. A battery will add a load to your stereo just like a cap will. If the battery is not used for starting, technically it's a cap. I guess people feel better using batteries. Extra batteries or caps do the same thing, but caps do it more efficiency. I know it sounds silly, but I would love to see a build were instead of buying 10 batteries, someone brought 10 big caps. If you have the alts to support your setups, it should work better in theory.

How do you NOT use a battery for starting if it is wired into your electrical system? That makes no sense.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

I'm serious man. The advantage the batteries have is that they can provide the boost longer, but if you can't keep them charged you're back at ground zero. For the money you pay for one XS 3100, I thing thats a model, you can get two of RF caps. I can't imagine that being a drag on any stereo.

2012 Honda Accord

How do you NOT use a battery for starting if it is wired into your electrical system? That makes no sense.

You know what I meant. You know that once you crank, the load to the alt. If your constantly pulling from the battery because you alts can't handle the load, they are no better than a cap. It harder to explain, but the books I have lay it out in prefect sense.

2012 Honda Accord

You know what I meant. You know that once you crank, the load to the alt. If your constantly pulling from the battery because you alts can't handle the load, they are no better than a cap. It harder to explain, but the books I have lay it out in prefect sense.

The advantage of a battery is the amount of power they store. Caps only provide a short amount of power, Correct?

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Archived