Decline of car audio??

Alot of you are missing another very KEY factor as to why it has been on the decline and even more so the last few years. This damn economy sucks. everyone is holding on to every last dime they have to make it through all this bullshit.

And Cj, you are bitching about wholesale vs. retail. 2 totally different ballgames in relation to a business staying alive and them being there to honor any kind of warranty later down the road. Your online dealer that does direct drop shipping like most do these days has NO overhead to speak of like a retail facility does..

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

I had a killer system 20 years ago then Family and Kids came along and I got out of Car Audio until recently. About two years ago I got back into it and started out with a Sony Xplode 600 Watt amp and a one Sony Xplode 12" Sub in a sealed enclosure in my 1997 Grand Prix GTP. I used all Sony Speakers in the rear deck and doors and I was happy with it. Then I seen a Steve Meade video and it started the fire back up and I have slowly been building up. I still like the Old school stuff and a lot of stuff in my build is old but works great and I do abuse the hell out of it.

I have people around me ask about car audio and ask me question about there own system and no matter how bad it may be I always help them get it set properly and encourage them. You have to start some where and it better to start small and know what you are doing before you go big and burn up all your stuff you worked hard for.

As far as Car Audio in this area, it has been averaging around 30-40 cars per show that I go to but the Sundown one & Team DTF show was a nice big show with 65 vehicles. You have car shows that are sanctioned which are usually your not so friendly events because it is about competition, then you have your non-sanctioned events which are about Car audio and having a good time at least from my experience anyway.

I have been into audio for about 30 years, my fist system was a pioneer Auto reverse Metalic tape deck. With two Pioneer ts6907 6x9s. I had the system three months before my first car. I have built possibly hundreds of installs, mostly in my own vehicles. I started competing about 10 years ago in spl, and SQ before that. I always have used the cheap stuff, traded equipment, or what people just say sux. I have over 50 trophys to say that Money and Name brand isn't the name all be all. My main point being is that ANY one can compete. With ANYTHING!!! Show up with half dozen 6x9s in the back deck, throw in a amp of some kind and go for it..what you have doesnt mater. What you drive doesnt mater. If you have fun, enjoy what you have and what you do...thats all that counts. We all want better, even if we dont say it. Its human nature. But have fun, be kool to others and Crank it up!!

There is no decline in car audio as long as there are cars people will customize them the way they like and add stuff like amp and speakers

There is a decline in car audio comps key factors there is economy the way compitors treat each other and the new people don't wanna go if they can't win I just drove 4800 miles round trip to get my ass handed to me in meca finals am I mad no did I learn a lot yes will it help my upcoming builds yes and I had a blast gotta look at it like that

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I know i've personally i sold all my 'sub stage' and am only running some 6.5's with a nice amp on them.

My car was repeatedly broken into and went through almost $1000 in damages there from people trying to jack my shit

the cost of everything is pretty ridiculous imo, you can spend ALOT of money quickly on subs, amps, wiring and boxes, then you gotta re-do your whole electrical.

I sold my shit, bought myself a Springfield XD40 sub compact, 46" sony bravia, PS3, Xbox 360, and still had money left over.

dont get me wrong, i loved my subs an shit and am currently in the market for a single sub low power set up, but i wont be pushing over 1,000 watts anytime soon

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

Archived