jbass1 Posted October 19, 2010 Report Posted October 19, 2010 Ok here is another question.. Maybe its just the Norther states, but there has been a steady decline in the car audio enthusiasts. Equipment is cheaper, bigger and better. but people just don,t seem to be as interested. Why is this? I travel around to comps in four dif states, and the amount of people at the shows have gone down a lot. Those that do show up only care about how loud it is or how stupid it is. I used to go to shows that lasted all day maybe even two days. Pull out the chairs open the coolers and visit with people. now its show up blast and leave. Comments are for the loudest or who had the dumbest install. I think that people have become too critical, that we are loosing the newbies and the people who don't have big installs or lots of money. When I started people would show up with cheap horrible installs and be proud of it..THAT IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!!! People need to start supporting these people, or our sport will dwindle.... JIMO!!
dugee81 Posted October 21, 2010 Report Posted October 21, 2010 Look at this website for example. Someone posts up a "cheap horrible install" and they are criticized and put down for the equipment/install.. This does not give much motivation, let alone leave much for the imagination to wonder what it will be like to show up in person with the same gear.. That sucks to hear though. The car audio scene in my city (Billings, MT) has never been too big. A medium size meet (5-10 or so cars)every month or so. 200a alt. by Excessive Amperage hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear 1/0awg + big 3 SAZ 3000D HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm
MrSkippyJ Posted October 21, 2010 Report Posted October 21, 2010 I disagree, my install was cheap (not horrible though) and I even used equipment (JL) that people don't like and I got nothing but positive comments. I think it has less (on this site anyway) to donwith equipment and more to do with how well it is installed. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
nautical7 Posted October 21, 2010 Report Posted October 21, 2010 I disagree, my install was cheap (not horrible though) and I even used equipment (JL) that people don't like and I got nothing but positive comments. I think it has less (on this site anyway) to donwith equipment and more to do with how well it is installed. Also has to do with attitude. If you got cheap crap and a crap install, yet walk around like your all that and start saying your louder then so and so, that's when I lose respect for you. Now, if the same scenario was with a guy who did what he could but didn't act like his system is the greatest ever and just enjoying himself, I'll be positive towards him and not think he's just another highschool dbag who doesn't have a clue what they're buying and just want to have bass..
Shyne151 Posted October 21, 2010 Report Posted October 21, 2010 The decline of car audio in the north started looooooooong ago... I remember going to shows in the 90s that the shop I worked at used to host and they were awesome! hell I can't even remember the last time we hosted a show now. -Installer for Duke's Car Stereo 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune. RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4 Boston Acoustics SPG 555 Kenwood eXcelon 995 RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000
raytard Posted October 21, 2010 Report Posted October 21, 2010 shit happens, everything is just a fad on a large enough scale. Most likely you will see a decline in super loud/spl type setups and an increase in smaller stuff (deck and 4, maybe an amp, someone wants a navigation, etc). Hell, SQ may even come back as a trend now that the people who are doing big things and making moves in the spl world are getting older and wiser and are putting their skills towards something they can enjoy all the time, not just during demos. I know that even in the past 4 years I've seen a switch from sub/amp sales to deck/speaker sales. The money didnt stop flowing, it just got diverted into something a bit more reasonable. Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
DStortz Posted October 21, 2010 Report Posted October 21, 2010 Look at this website for example. Someone posts up a "cheap horrible install" and they are criticized and put down for the equipment/install.. This does not give much motivation, let alone leave much for the imagination to wonder what it will be like to show up in person with the same gear.. That sucks to hear though. The car audio scene in my city (Billings, MT) has never been too big. A medium size meet (5-10 or so cars)every month or so. That is awesome, JBass1, my self and Willie Madrill from Havre have been at most of the comps in the last 2 years in Billings. Nice to see someone else from Montana on this site. D 1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1
DeepHittersMagazine Posted October 21, 2010 Report Posted October 21, 2010 There is nothing wrong with cheap installs, I have one right now and it's marketed as "Cheap Hoe" or "Budgasystem". You don't have to have the top this and that, don't let no one tell you that you below whoever, everyone starts somewhere and only a few are fortunate to have cake to do big things. If it wasn't for the little guys, everyone would be out of business bottomline, so all you little guys including me keep pounding and do you. DeepHitters Website DeepHitters Facebook DeepHitters Youtube SuperBeast Youtube
Guest grim83 Posted October 21, 2010 Report Posted October 21, 2010 correct me if im wrong but car audio was never really huge its always been a relatively small group. Granted my knowledge of the history as far as competing goes is small but from what my step dad has told me of when he competed in SQL meets and what ive seen since i started toying with my system and hitting shows the groups are small and usually its only the guys who grew up to love music are willing to put the money into it. most people will never get past the starter systems of 2 10in or 12in kicker comps especially not without some proding, hell if my 2 10in kenwoods didnt blow i probably wouldnt have gotten as deep as i have. beyond that we are a sport with no publicity, this isnt football where kids can go play in the backyard this is a very expensive intrest and very hard to understand, i mean seriously how do you explain to someone why you do this. we are more akin to groups like drag racers and powerlifters than foot ball players, there is no name recognition when you get to the top ask any kid old enough to watch football who tim tebow is and he'll probably know, now ask that same kid who steve meade is or who louie simmons (godfather of modern powerlifting) is and you'll get only a blank stare in return. there is no reason to pursue this hobby this passion of ours other than for self satisfaction, there isnt riches and fame to be had just pure pleasure. just my two cents anyway, but as long as we have enough people to keep the companys running then i say who cares.
PUNKYOU007 Posted October 21, 2010 Report Posted October 21, 2010 I feel you on the newbie point. The way I see it is like this... A young kid rolls to a comp with his 1000 watt Sony and some kickers and puts up a 13x.xx. Then he sees all these guys with big setups putting up 15x.xx. Either he is gonna get bit by the bug or more realistically hes gonna get discouraged. When people listen to my truck i get alot of them that start to talk shit about there own stuff. I stress to them that its not always about putting up the highest number or having $10k worth of equipment in your car. I always ask them if they like how there car sounds? That's what matters. I think we have to many big headed assholes in this hobby that are so into them self that they forgot what fun it should be. Have fun and help the next guy. Doethepaperboy "Bars of Pain" Doethepaperboy "Hero Remix" C. Arson d(-__-)b beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.