Second Skin Audio

Poll....which setup would you go with.

CJ18

Which setup would you choose.  

10 members have voted

1. 1. DC XL 15 or AA Mayhem 18

• DC XL 15
    • AA Mayhem 18

I am looking for unbiased opinions on why you would choose one of these woofers.

The power will be an American Bass 500.1 which is rated for 6500w at 1ohm

Subs in consideration are 2 Mayhem 18s or 2 XL 15s

If you vote please post your reason for voting for that particular sub.

Please no nut hugging responses. I personally own both brands in the SMD and LVL 5 and love both subs. I am trying to do some research on what setup would be best in a friends 2006 Expedition

Why not wait a few weeks for the new btl's to come out unless time is the bigger factor in this build, i'm sure they'll be somewhat close to the same performance that the older versions were but with way more options to choose from now.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Time is not a factor as of yet. The Mayhem is a choice because he already has 1 in the Expedition right now. i am looking at a pair of XL Spl 15s in the for sale section on here as well. That is the reason for the choices. It all comes down to the price.

He should just pick up another Mayhem & save himself a little money, you cant go wrong sticking with Mayhems

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

Why not wait a few weeks for the new btl's to come out unless time is the bigger factor in this build, i'm sure they'll be somewhat close to the same performance that the older versions were but with way more options to choose from now.

even with all the newer options, its not really comparable. i love my BTLs, fucking LOVE them. but they mayhem is beast and able to achieve much more SPL in my setup. in fact...buying a new truck to put my current setup of BTLs in there so the new wall of mayhems can go in.

sorry CJ, my opinion is biased, lol. but ive played with both. and love the mayhem more. although its not really fair either, lol. id compare the havoc to the XL. that 5 you have is a bit more comparable to the mayhem in my opinion.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived