Integra performance upgrades

Thank god somebody said this, cause I was about to post almost all those points. There is so much misleading/wrong info in this thread it's ridiculous..

To OP, just do basic bolt-ons and leave it at that, then save and get a car that can actually move.

Show me an example? An ls1 camaro/trans am will run 13's stock, no honda does that. And you can spend just $1k and be running low 12's easy as well, show me a honda that you can do that with..Sorry to bash your idea but it takes a LOT of money to even make a civic decently quick, more then most people would spend.

Yeah but how much does and ls1 camaro cost is my point i can buy a civic shell from 600-800 spend 1500-2000 in a full b18 swap and then spend a 1000 or so on an ebay turbo kit and be 13's and only have about 4 grand to five grand into it.

until that ebay turbo kit only last down the track once

i havent seen where he said he wanted to race it, just give it alittle bit more go...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

until that ebay turbo kit only last down the track once

Yeah if he was trying to race it that would be dumb but just a daily that has some get up i don't think it would be a problem.

i havent seen where he said he wanted to race it, just give it alittle bit more go...

well it's not going to last driving it either

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

lol I know a guy that owns his own speed shop. builds up anything from hondas to top fuel dragsters. funniest thing I've heard from him was when some kid came in and asked if he could make his eclipse run 8s. He said sure I can do it! once lol

Huh thats funny... Mike Wohlers eclipse runs 8s and doesn't blow up every run, a 4g64 (4g63 head) powered rx-7 that drives to and from the track makes mid 8 second passes and doesn't blow up... :shrug:

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Huh thats funny... Mike Wohlers eclipse runs 8s and doesn't blow up every run, a 4g64 (4g63 head) powered rx-7 that drives to and from the track makes mid 8 second passes and doesn't blow up... :shrug:

Sure if you got enough money you can build a setup like that, but they still have to rebuild those engines once and awhile too, they don't dd it every single day. Plus a kid coming into a shop asking for an 8 sec eclipse has seen too much F&F and the owner knows the kid couldn't afford it.

if you think integras cant be fast, they build 800+ HP hondas all day long, and have built 500+ HP daily driver hondas for tons of people... 20~ minutes from my house and I know their work is awesome... seen it for my self.

if you are going to talk about integras, why not talk about the type R... B18C5 motor, with LSD tranny....

my 4th gear ends at 135~ 140 mph... and ive had it up there... and im not turboed.. im not supercharged, just exhause, headers and cold air intake.

yeah, its easy to say a Iroc Z is going to beat a LS or a integra GS.... those are lame... no offense...

but stock vs stock a type R will demolish a iroc z

Sure you can have an 800hp honda, but you will spend an outrageous amount of money to do so and in the end I think it's pointless, especially putting down that much power to the ground in a FWD is going to have a real difficult time catching, even with drag radials..

And a Type-r won't demolish an iroc but it would win by a little bit, only because it's about 500lbs lighter and the iroc is only rated around 210hp, which was quite good for being in the late 80's/early 90's, compared to a 2000 ITR which is I believe only 190hp. It would also depend on the drivers skill.

Yeah but how much does and ls1 camaro cost is my point i can buy a civic shell from 600-800 spend 1500-2000 in a full b18 swap and then spend a 1000 or so on an ebay turbo kit and be 13's and only have about 4 grand to five grand into it.

Can get an ls1 camaro for around $6k with maybe 70k miles on it and it could do the track all day every day and not blow, but if you had a setup as you stated you'll be lucky to pull the camaro head to head and the civic isn't going to last too long. There is a lot more to it then just dropping an engine in and it becoming fast, you're forgetting about building/replacing the trans/suspension/tires and all that, then you're way above the $6k that I just spent for a stock 13 sec car, and I could just put $1-2k into the engine and be into 12's easy and still be reliable as ever.

Sure if you got enough money you can build a setup like that, but they still have to rebuild those engines once and awhile too, they don't dd it every single day. Plus a kid coming into a shop asking for an 8 sec eclipse has seen too much F&F and the owner knows the kid couldn't afford it.

Sure you can have an 800hp honda, but you will spend an outrageous amount of money to do so and in the end I think it's pointless, especially putting down that much power to the ground in a FWD is going to have a real difficult time catching, even with drag radials..

And a Type-r won't demolish an iroc but it would win by a little bit, only because it's about 500lbs lighter and the iroc is only rated around 210hp, which was quite good for being in the late 80's/early 90's, compared to a 2000 ITR which is I believe only 190hp. It would also depend on the drivers skill.

Can get an ls1 camaro for around $6k with maybe 70k miles on it and it could do the track all day every day and not blow, but if you had a setup as you stated you'll be lucky to pull the camaro head to head and the civic isn't going to last too long. There is a lot more to it then just dropping an engine in and it becoming fast, you're forgetting about building/replacing the trans/suspension/tires and all that, then you're way above the $6k that I just spent for a stock 13 sec car, and I could just put $1-2k into the engine and be into 12's easy and still be reliable as ever.

I wasnt the one who started the comparison of the Iroc vs the integra, and top end as well, you are forgetting that we are not talking about little 1/4 mile tracks, iroc can get up to what? maybe 120? ITRs 4th gear doesnt end till past that.... so even if the Iroc can keep up, it will only do so for how long..... till the end of 4th gear, if its even keeping up..

sorry, its the truth.. if you guys want to compare cars, atleast compare the right models LOL

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

When you buy a whole swap it includes trans, and axles and suspension was included and install wouldn't be anything but time and a honda don't take but a day to swap everything out.

Archived