Flying White Sausage v3.0

• 2 weeks later...

Boy, I have been really bad about updating this sucker, Been putting a bit of work in on it for the past couple weeks. I had to pull the doors off to make a couple adjustments and figured that it was time to get some speakers in there. I was debating on putting power windows in to free up some more real estate on the doors, but decided against it just for the fact that is something else that will break.

Decided just keep the bottoms off the door panels and build up some new ones.

Three 6.5's, one 5.25, and a nice tweeter in each door. Going to do some 4's in the pillars with maybe another tweeter too.

First I laid out some fiberglass weave for the base of the mold, then three layers of 2 oz chop to get them solid.

Here they are all laid up, one rough, one trimmed. I love these molds because they fit so perfect and tight into all the nooks and crannies of the door helps prevent rattles for sure.

100_1003.jpg

100_1002.jpg

100_1005.jpg

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

how many coats did you do? and you used fiberglass cloth right?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Making sure everything still fits, got them covered with some haynes tees, and that is when I decided to stop taking pictures I guess.

As af today, I finished reinforcing the insides with chop and resin, they are ready for a little sanding and some vinyl. Next step is to get the pods wired and mounted up nice and secure, install some new parts on the doors, tint the windows, and put it all together.

100_1010.jpg

100_1012.jpg

100_1013.jpg

100_1014.jpg

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

how many coats did you do? and you used fiberglass cloth right?

For the molds I used weave cloth for the first layer to get a nice smooth air-free base. Then I did a layer of 2oz chop, let it dry. repeat 2 more times.

ah thanks for the info

the builds looking sexy as always keep up the good work

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Great build so far. I like the attention to detail. It's what makes a system shine. I would like to half your talent lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived