Flying White Sausage v3.0

Finally got back into taking pictures of this. Was out of ring terminals for a bit and that kept me down, but now everything is back into full swing. Figured I would get started with figuring out where to put the 7 amps - I started with the three RE amps in the roof.

The beginning of an amp trim panel.

100_0870.jpg

100_0871.jpg

Pretty tight fit - took a lot of weaseling and finesse to get this panel to fit nice and tight.

100_0872.jpg

100_0873.jpg

100_0874.jpg

100_0875.jpg

Trimmed out the rest of the back - got some side pieces made up and mounted, left plenty of room to hide relays, eq's, batt charger....etc...etc.

Looks a little lobsided with only half the wiring in, but it will turn out more symetrical in the future.

100_0878.jpg

100_0880.jpg

100_0878.jpg

100_0876.jpg

Moved on to alts after that... Man are they sexy! Couple of white DC power 270xp. I might post up some pics if anybody wants to see them.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Alright - Guess I can add more pics. Not a whole lot of interest in this right now, kind of sad for me and the sausage.

Tell you what - Dual alt kits are a breeze when you don't need (or never had) A/C. I went from a standard large case Iraggi 280 amp and 220 amp Mechman. They were different mounting styles and the iraggi came with a ghetto bracket thaqt I never fixed. Now since they are both going away, I have a chance to make them both really simple and strong.

The old guys - still put out tons of power but time to upgrade.

100_0881.jpg

The amazingly complicated dual alternator brackets that I made up to fit these. I already had one for the mechman alt which has the same mounting style ("dual Spool") as the new DC alts.

100_0882.jpg

Peek of it under the radiator hose

100_0884.jpg

All mounted up:

100_0883.jpg

100_0885.jpg

The belt even still fits like a charm, no squeaking, all aligned perfect.

100_0886.jpg

100_0887.jpg

As far as voltage goes-----no idea, the stock plug is for the cs style alternators and these are the new ad style. I am waiting on Chris up at missing link to modify my dual voltage MLA to play nice with the new alts.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Sexy ass alts

You are correct - they are beautiful!

looks great.

Thanks man.

I see that Epicenter still hanging in there, the first one I ever owned :( I knew it was going to be in good hands though...lol! Awesome work as always P! Keep the pics flowing!

JARVIS!!! HAHA!! Good eye! - that is funny man! I have had a couple other epicenters come and go, but that one that I got from you has been the champ, it has never left my truck(s), except to get repaired once. It is a reliable little sucker and I will probably have it forever.

Nice work as usual! I really like those buss bars too! Cant wait to see more!

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Archived