Second Skin Audio

New Box Build Help

Quez82

Alright guys, my max dimensions are : 46in Depth, 49inch Width, and 22 Height ( right at back seat level). It's going in my tahoe. I want the box to be around 7.5 cubes, and tuned to 32hz. I came up with 47.5 x 22x16. To be honest, i have no Fkn clue what i'm doing. I just need some help building this thing. I want a slot port, but no idea where to go from here. Appreciate any help. it's for a Re XXX 18"

03 tahoe

amp-Crossfire xp1400d

sub- 18" RE XXX 05

electrical-yellow top

speakers- infinity reference 6.5's

Old System-all for trade

2-txa1000d's

1-alpine type R 15" dual 2

1- crystal amp 1200x1

1-infinity ref series.

Use RE audio's L port calculator just put in your demensions and change the port width and length until you get the right tuning frequency.

http://reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

Thats the link just tell me if you have any trouble which its pretty easy the stuff in red can be changed by copying and then putting what you want and then when you get the box at the right demensions an tuning at the botttom it will give you a cutting sheet so you can cut your wood to the right lenghts.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

I used the REaudio box making to get my dimensions, but is it correct? I'm not sure if it's internal or external its using..I'm shooting for 7cubes and 32hz. anyone ?

Use RE audio's L port calculator just put in your demensions and change the port width and length until you get the right tuning frequency.

http://reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

Thats the link just tell me if you have any trouble which its pretty easy the stuff in red can be changed by copying and then putting what you want and then when you get the box at the right demensions an tuning at the botttom it will give you a cutting sheet so you can cut your wood to the right lenghts.

03 tahoe

amp-Crossfire xp1400d

sub- 18" RE XXX 05

electrical-yellow top

Old System-all for trade

2-txa1000d's

1- crystal amp 1200x1

1-infinity ref series.

dude, go to the re box builder put the dimensions you have right now the ones you are using for 7 cubes in for the length width and bottom and top height values.

next select how wide you want your port to be an then change thr length to get the tuning frequency you want.

very very simple.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

when it says cubic feet its doing the internal volume that your woofer is going to see..and futher down you will see the external

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

yea, but alot of people are telling me the recalc is OFF..that's why i'm asking for further assistance... I don't want my port to be off 5-10hz...I want it done right, that's why i'm asking for help... my 38width and 21 height and 24 depth, but it just doesn't seem right... I did the cuts yesterday, but my port looks way too big. The port is 6in wide and 16.5 x 19.5 and the 2nd cut on the port is 5x19.5...It just seems the tuning will be off...I want it tuned to 32hz and the box around 7-8cubes. am I anywhere near that?

03 tahoe

amp-Crossfire xp1400d

sub- 18" RE XXX 05

electrical-yellow top

Old System-all for trade

2-txa1000d's

1- crystal amp 1200x1

1-infinity ref series.

hmmm my test box for one XXX 18 was 9cubesbefore displacment about 7 after sub and port, with an external easurement of 38width and 21 height and 24 depth (3/4" wood make sure you double baffle the bish) your gonna be about the same so your port needs to be 5w x 18.25d for a freq of 31hz and trust me make sure you get at least 2k to that sub at all times or you will be sorry. Happy building

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived