Sonic Electronix

RF T4000.1bd What Subs would u power???

ok your twisting my words, what i was trying to say is that for a more accurate reproduction of the music 12s or 15s would work better, less cone area to have to move for the fast bass noted in a rock type song, also the 21's from ia dont sound all that great imho opinion, ive heard them and didnt like em. all im trying to say is that from the OPs post it seems hes not aiming for an spl setup so why does everyone keep recommending spl type subs, this is why i also made mention of companys like morel

your wrong bout the smaller cone being "punchier" then the larger and you also mentioned hes not looking for an spl sub when you recommended a BTL

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

ok your twisting my words, what i was trying to say is that for a more accurate reproduction of the music 12s or 15s would work better, less cone area to have to move for the fast bass noted in a rock type song, also the 21's from ia dont sound all that great imho opinion, ive heard them and didnt like em. all im trying to say is that from the OPs post it seems hes not aiming for an spl setup so why does everyone keep recommending spl type subs, this is why i also made mention of companys like morel

The reason most smaller subs in prefabbed enclosures sound punchier, is because they are tuned to 45hz...

small subs can produce the same frequencys as the larger subs, if in the correct box for the sub, tuned to the exact same... just one moves more air than the other, due to the cone being larger

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

your wrong bout the smaller cone being "punchier" then the larger and you also mentioned hes not looking for an spl sub when you recommended a BTL

In my experience they typically are, and the reason for that is because that was a brand he brought up and the btl does sound good imo. i wasnt saying 18's would sound like shit its just for this application i dont see the point in using them one again for a more sql type set up my choice would be 12s maybe 15s and something that does sound good i use a 12 mayhem and it sounds great imo, but again i would look to something like morels since he wants an sql type set up

You probably think that 8's don't hit lows...

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

The reason most smaller subs in prefabbed enclosures sound punchier, is because they are tuned to 45hz...

small subs can produce the same frequencys as the larger subs, if in the correct box for the sub, tuned to the exact same... just one moves more air than the other, due to the cone being larger

ok derrick and to clear up i wasnt trying to say anything about guys using 18s i was just looking more at his objective and trying to answer with what experience i have.

You probably think that 8's don't hit lows...

ok from my previous posts what would bring you to that conclusion all i was saying is that for his goal i dont like anything above a 15 not saying that someone with an 18 is going to sound like shit or that someone with an 8 wont be able to hit the lows just that to me a 12 will sound the best for his goal

Archived