Sonic Electronix

So I'm pretty sure circles better in most cases, just because more people have it here?

What are the pros of the square woofer.. Just so you can fit more in a single spot? How? Wouldn't circle subs take up just as much room..

What's the deall hurr.

Pic for backup:

2ckmk5.png

a square sub makes a square sound wave and we all know a square sound wave is clipping.

:lol:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i think they have limited excursion because the have corners. with circles there is no beginning and no end like a circle of love *chinese man oice*

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

not everyone uses squares for the same reason we dont all live off caviar and wine, better on paper doesnt mean better.

Yes, increased cone area leads to an increase in sensitivity (because more air is being moved), but that same increase can come from a more powerful motor on a round sub, or even just a tighter gap or different top plate, the cone difference is nearly negligible when the whole speaker is considered. Also, corners have never worked so well, rounds have a nice smooth contour allowing better strength and linearity.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

a square sub makes a square sound wave and we all know a square sound wave is clipping.

The thing people forget is, a square sub creates square sound waves, making it easier to exit a squared port. Round subs do best with round ports.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

square subs don't work so well because they still use round voice coils and motors.

Everyone knows you can't fit a square peg through a round hole.

damn it, thats what i was going to say. :angry:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.