Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer break in?

FreekDesignz

level 5 spl? or just regular level 5?

he said the spl...

and you can break in the level 5s with just normal play... the regular 5s....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I can see acouple people who I would never buy a used sub from

DD

AQ

and the lvl5spl

all need broken in to prevent spider tears, you may have gotten lucky by not breaking in but chances are you just had enough rise to lower your power enough so it broke in smoothly

oh please, like i said i never had on issue with my setup. WHAT, you scared to turn up a new sub :rofl:

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

ive personally seen a sub listed in that list that has ripped the spiders off triple joint because it wasn't broken in and he tried to bassrace with it on a FRESH recone

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I agree to a point with subwoofer break in.

It's like, do you build an engine that's made to do 500hp and tune it straight up for 500hp? Or do you drive it on a 'run in' tune for 1000 miles first?

Especially with those subs that have really stiff suspension. Just wire it up to the highest ohm load it'll do then free air it off your stereo amp at like 30hz overnight. Not crazy power, just enough to get it all moving and allow it to soften up a bit.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

oh please, like i said i never had on issue with my setup. WHAT, you scared to turn up a new sub :rofl:

actually some subwoofers do require a break in, while 99% of the rest do not..

look at the build log for CJ18, he blew a lvl 5 SPL because they do require a break in period...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

breaking in is only needed in some cases and people who run 2x the rms to woofers without breaking them in will probably notice that that get stinky quite fast because the voice coil has to work hard to move that stiff suspension. But "break in on low power" NO. be careful YES

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

I agree to a point with subwoofer break in.It's like, do you build an engine that's made to do 500hp and tune it straight up for 500hp? Or do you drive it on a 'run in' tune for 1000 miles first?Especially with those subs that have really stiff suspension. Just wire it up to the highest ohm load it'll do then free air it off your stereo amp at like 30hz overnight. Not crazy power, just enough to get it all moving and allow it to soften up a bit.

thats exactly my thinking there!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived