Second Skin Audio

(2) DD 1510's vs (2) DC Level 3 10's vs (1) DC Level 4 18"

Title says it all. Which would you choose if you going for loud and violent in the cabin. If I do the 10's it'll be sealed off from the trunk tuned to 32hz. If I do the one 18" it'll be a quarter/half wall built up in the backseat tuned to 30hz. That would be cool but I've talked to a few professionals and they mentioned that my lows wouldn't come through as well if I did the 18 in the back seat since I have such a small cabin and not alot of airspace. Considering it would be a 6-7 cubic foot box built up in the back.

No matter what happens sub wise. I can get all of the 10's for about the same price range for each one or the 1 18" adds up to basically the same amount vs the 10's.

I'm leaning toward the 10's I know there are alot of brand huggers here. I talked to rusty the other day which was awesome, thank you for taking the time and having a conversation with me, it was enjoyable.

I also talked to Mike Jones today (SPL Legend) Authorized DD Dealer. That is where I would get the DD 10's.

I have 1200 watts at 1 ohm to work with right now. Goal, loud and violent in the cabin. Hurts in the chest, removes the air from your lungs. That's the goal here. Quality is also a factor but I can't imagine it would be a huge difference between box's and where I placed them. The port will be the appropriate size per box and so. Custom box built either way I go.

So recap

1. (2) DD 1500 10" Subs

2. (2) DC Level 3 10" Subs

3 (1) DC Level 4 18" Sub with Level 5 coils.

Opinions please - this will be the deciding factor the pictures and videos you will get when complete. Keep that in mind. Thank you if you take the time to read this!

- GBS

Edited by gbsx

1989 E30 325i BMW (New Car)

iPad 64GB 3G (COMING SOON!)

1 12" DC LEVEL 4 w/LEVEL 5 Soft Parts

Ported box - 1.5 Cubes tuned to 33hz

Sound Stream STL1.1200D

4 Gauge Stinger Wire (+ & -)

8 Gauge Amp to Sub Stinger Wire

Tsunami Mini ANL 130 Amp Fuse

AUDIO WRAP SUPPORTER!

gbsxnesig.png

So if I do the 18 in such a small cabin would it hurt it since there is less air to be moved inside the box? Maybe I'm thinking of something that does not matter. It would be definatly insane I think. It's a fair amount more cone area and bigger sub in general with more port area.

1989 E30 325i BMW (New Car)

iPad 64GB 3G (COMING SOON!)

1 12" DC LEVEL 4 w/LEVEL 5 Soft Parts

Ported box - 1.5 Cubes tuned to 33hz

Sound Stream STL1.1200D

4 Gauge Stinger Wire (+ & -)

8 Gauge Amp to Sub Stinger Wire

Tsunami Mini ANL 130 Amp Fuse

AUDIO WRAP SUPPORTER!

gbsxnesig.png

Title says it all. Which would you choose if you going for loud and violent in the cabin. If I do the 10's it'll be sealed off from the trunk tuned to 32hz. If I do the one 18" it'll be a quarter/half wall built up in the backseat tuned to 30hz. That would be cool but I've talked to a few professionals and they mentioned that my lows wouldn't come through as well if I did the 18 in the back seat since I have such a small cabin and not alot of airspace. Considering it would be a 6-7 cubic foot box built up in the back.

3 (1) DC Level 4 18" Sub with Level 5 coils.

Opinions please - this will be the deciding factor the pictures and videos you will get when complete. Keep that in mind. Thank you if you take the time to read this!

my opinion is go for the 18. i have a pt cruiser with the back seats removed, non walled, and the box built where the back seats go. running 1 18" sub right now and im burping over 150 legal on the tl at 30hz clamped at 2,950watt rms. sub isnt a dc though.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I think in this scenario im going to have to go for the 18....It would be the most vicious in a small cabin

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

As much as i love my 1510´s ( 145 @ 42 hz with 1500 watts at the time i used just 2) , i would go with the 18" without thinking about it, but, as the other guys said, you need space for a proper box!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/