Sonic Electronix

Smaller Ported Box= Less Output ?

i have my 2 mtx 9515ss, first at 6.8 cubes at 28 hz it slam !!! then at 7.7 cubes at 30 hz hit a lot harder !!

now i want to do a box at 6 cubes at 35 hz !!

will i lose some outpout for goin on a smaller box ??

hu ECLIPSE cd3100

FI BTL 18'' fully loaded 7ft3 @ 35hz with 126 sq

amp MMATS 3500.1

amp DLS ca23

set DLS up6

AUDIOCONTROL epic-160

KINETIK hc600

-monster cable-

DSC06562.jpgDSC06589.jpgcaca019.jpg

to an extent, smaller will get you less output, but going larger does not necessarily mean your gonna get louder either. It depends on the Tiel small, and the environment the speaker/box is in

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

honestly, with those subs, I would do a moderatly small box, large port area, and long ass port. Ive noticed those things get down with about 4ct, and really long ports, talking about winding inside the box, about 36-40" with about 1/2- 1/3rd of cone area for port area.... and its impressive, deep strong bass

Or depending on what model the MTX is, you can try a T-line, wich you WILL be impressed with, but are kinda technical if your a first timer

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

well im not tryin to get on some competence or using tones...

im talkin of a street system...

so what you guys think...

with mi current box is 7.4 cubes tuned to 30 hz...it gets loud, but not that loud..

so im planin on doin a box at around 35 hz....

but my space trunk doesnt let me do a box biger than 6.5 cubes at 35 hz with 105 in of port area...

so what you think, it would get louder than mi current box ??

hu ECLIPSE cd3100

FI BTL 18'' fully loaded 7ft3 @ 35hz with 126 sq

amp MMATS 3500.1

amp DLS ca23

set DLS up6

AUDIOCONTROL epic-160

KINETIK hc600

-monster cable-

DSC06562.jpgDSC06589.jpgcaca019.jpg

It's really something to try and test as it's hard to determine. I went through 1000 ports and variations with my DD. My favorite is about a 3ft^3 net box with a massive port (port is 2ft^3) tuned mega low. Gives it good control and still will whoop your head with mean lows (147.2dB @ 40hz in a wagon)

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

The problem with going to a smaller box is that there is typically more "control" (more efficient and can handle more power) on the subs so if your using the same amount of power, your not gonna see an increse.....up your power and you will.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived