Sonic Electronix

Cheap way to fix trunk rattle - 3 Bucks

where was amp at lol?

In my hatch close to the rear seats. Obviously slightly different than a trunk but still the same concept.

it makes me wonder why spend time and money getting great audio equipment to spend only $3 for a deadning product.

I think the key word here is deadening. This "$3 fix" isn't meant to be a deadening product. It is only suppressing rattles by putting more pressure on the trunk/giving something soft to vibrate against. To keep a trunk from rattling from causes such as this will help it would take a lot of dead weight from a deadening product. Say what you want about how second skin or whatever other brand is based different and all and sure that will keep sound in the car more whatever, but it is the pure mass that keeps the trunk from actually vibrating up and down causing the rattles. So, if rattling is your problem, for arguments sake you have two solutions. Apply deadener almost to or past the point your trunk won't hold itself up (or people like me who actually care about car performance and don't want extra weight) or do a fix such as this. Now obviously this cheap $3 stuff is a bit too cheap in my eyes. Atleast spring for the better quality stuff as has been mentioned several times, but just because it is cheap doesn't mean its the wrong way to stop some rattling.

Note towards TeamHT: Im not directing anything I just said toward you. I was just using what you said to show the confusion people are having towards what is being done here. It should be obvious that this won't "deaden" a car, just stop rattles. Nothing wrong with stopping rattles. :drinks:

im still trying to find out where n8 bashed your ride... lol..

he was giving you information about why it wouldnt work, and how it was hazardous to your health.. and you said he was bashing?

yes, its cheap, yes it seems to work for you... should you do it? if n8 says its hazardous to your health, probably not.....

it isnt like hes pulling the information out of his ass.. he is a very knowledgeable guy

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I dont have money to spend on deadner and other things, I worked hard for my shit too, for the price its a great alternative. Dont see any problem with it. I dont compete or show of my car. If it sounds good im happy. I can understand completely that this wont work for some people because its ugly and just simply doesnt work but hell it worked for me and saved hundreds. Just wanted to share it, i wouldnt have now that i know what people are saying, next time ill keep to myself

mJzD9.png

ok maybe i missed somethin but where does peal and seal come into play when we were talkin about weather stripping?

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

In my hatch close to the rear seats. Obviously slightly different than a trunk but still the same concept.

I think the key word here is deadening. This "$3 fix" isn't meant to be a deadening product. It is only suppressing rattles by putting more pressure on the trunk/giving something soft to vibrate against. To keep a trunk from rattling from causes such as this will help it would take a lot of dead weight from a deadening product. Say what you want about how second skin or whatever other brand is based different and all and sure that will keep sound in the car more whatever, but it is the pure mass that keeps the trunk from actually vibrating up and down causing the rattles. So, if rattling is your problem, for arguments sake you have two solutions. Apply deadener almost to or past the point your trunk won't hold itself up (or people like me who actually care about car performance and don't want extra weight) or do a fix such as this. Now obviously this cheap $3 stuff is a bit too cheap in my eyes. Atleast spring for the better quality stuff as has been mentioned several times, but just because it is cheap doesn't mean its the wrong way to stop some rattling.

Note towards TeamHT: Im not directing anything I just said toward you. I was just using what you said to show the confusion people are having towards what is being done here. It should be obvious that this won't "deaden" a car, just stop rattles. Nothing wrong with stopping rattles. :drinks:

i think you bring up a very good point. the issue i see with that is though, how many people will not be able to make the distinction? they see a cheap alternative and forgo proper methods for dampening. i know its not aimed specifically at me, and i can appreciate a good argument. even when i was only running 2500 watts in my SRT with two RF T2s, weather stripping didnt stop the rattles. it did quiet them down, but i put it on for one night only to test it out before actually applying the bulk i ordered.

everything in car audio is going to boil down to preference. some people will prefer this cheap alternative. others like myself can not stand it. but to each his own eh? cheers rusty :drinks:

and um...to the street performance...thats why i drive a fast car, lol :peepwall:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

ok maybe i missed somethin but where does peal and seal come into play when we were talkin about weather stripping?

i believe you have to read through page 2 where caroot brought up peel and seal.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

im still trying to find out where n8 bashed your ride... lol..

he was giving you information about why it wouldnt work, and how it was hazardous to your health.. and you said he was bashing?

yes, its cheap, yes it seems to work for you... should you do it? if n8 says its hazardous to your health, probably not.....

it isnt like hes pulling the information out of his ass.. he is a very knowledgeable guy

well that may be true but i still dont understnad how a little peal and seal could be harmful unless your constantly inhaling it, with all the vents and circulation in the car it would just go out the window or thru the air holes in the trunk where the battery is. I only used it under my sub box and no where else. Guess he was bashing me more then my ride but its just my first system. Im getting tired of this thread i just want it to be gone.

mJzD9.png

i believe you have to read through page 2 where caroot brought up peel and seal.

i read over that and i didnt see it brought up till nate mentioned it. oh well maybe im just blind lol

or is weatherstripping bein referred to as peal and seal? sigh been a long ass day

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

i read over that and i didnt see it brought up till nate mentioned it. oh well maybe im just blind lol

or is weatherstripping bein referred to as peal and seal? sigh been a long ass day

i don't remember what page it was on but it was about peal and seal.

My > my friends systems. Can we just stop this argument. After all my stubbornness i know that you guys are right but i just dont have a job because of school and my money is basically flat. Tar in the peal in seal is bad. Someday maybe before summer i will take it out because i don't want it to melt if it does ill be screwed. It will be almost impossible to take it out but theres only a couple rows. I know it isnt the right way to do something but i guess its my own way of doing something and i know its not perfect and many of you don't agree with it but it works on my car in my conditions and i thought it would be a good idea to share it with you all. Im sorry for raging against you guys and i know i acted like an idiot so please excuse me.... Im sorry N8ball thanks for your input i shouldn't have taken it so negatively. Apologies to anyone else.

:sorry:

mJzD9.png

well that may be true but i still dont understnad how a little peal and seal could be harmful unless your constantly inhaling it, with all the vents and circulation in the car it would just go out the window or thru the air holes in the trunk where the battery is. I only used it under my sub box and no where else. Guess he was bashing me more then my ride but its just my first system. Im getting tired of this thread i just want it to be gone.

I think your taking his information as bashing because of pride... how i read it, he was trying to educate you so you dont harm your self.

trust me, if some one wanted to bash you, it would be alot worse then him pointing out why its a bad thing to have in your ride...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived