Sonic Electronix

Cheap way to fix trunk rattle - 3 Bucks

keep an open mind about the weather stripping guys. some of it is made to keep air out and not water and can mold, yes. but you can use it inside the car behind some panels. honestly, i have a lot of this stuff in my car. why deaden the whole side of the car to get rid of some small plastic piece hitting something? give it something soft to hit instead and your all good.

now obviously if its visibly flexing, deaden. but just a small rattle, foam.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know why everyone's bashing this guys little cheap 3$ temporary fix. It's only 3 dollars, he can use it just until he saves up for some real sound deadener. Not everyone can pull money out of their ass just for sound deadener.

No one is bashing his method of using cheap products...All i can say is great you found a cheap fix but in my honest opinion something that is cheap at the sake of your health and lively hood is retarded but thats just my point of view...The only advice i can offer is that cheap is not always the best way to get shit done sometimes saving up and sacrificing shit over long term is the best way to get shit done specially in car audio..

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Open cell foam = bad things for a trunk seal.

Closed cell foam is a much better option for stopping panels from rattles as it is a thicker and more dense material and less likely to hold water and breed bacteria and mold. If you want cheap deadening there is fatmat and edead to use, yes you can use peel and seal and it will work to an extent but it is made from rubberized asphalt which has polymers in but not a full butyl rubber compound type.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

i am going to try this stuff....most of my OEM rubber seal is gone so when my trunk rattles its very deep almost as deep as the bass because the metal is hitting metal so this will soften the hits and not sound so shitty outside but since it doesnt add weight and change resonance it is still vibrating just the hits arent being heard outside. i look at it the way people look at build logs...if the OP is happy, fantastic. i hope i am happy too about it

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

• 3 years later...

How would you do this for a blazer/bravada?

Sub: 1 18" Obsidian Audio v1

Amp: Alpine MRP-M500 @ 2 ohms

Wire: Belva BAK-02

HU: Pioneer deh-150mp

Polk Audio 6.5's

Polk Audio 4x6's

145.1db

Bumped a dead one. Its pretty much common sense; you put it where your doors make contact with the body or get very close

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Archived