OrionStang Posted November 6, 2010 Report Posted November 6, 2010 I would do 3 6" aero port. For 6 cubes? That's way too much. I have 13.5 gross volume and just over 10 net, and I am using 3 6" aero's. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
fecupe2001 Posted November 6, 2010 Report Posted November 6, 2010 Yes sir, i have 11.5 c/f and 4 6" ports and works awesome I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
CanUFeelMe Posted November 6, 2010 Report Posted November 6, 2010 If you use 2 6" aeros it will give you 9.42" per cu ft. If you use 3 6" aeros it will give you 14.13" per cu ft. Either way you would be fine. I would not use 4 6" aeros. 1999 Chevy S102 Sundown Zv3-10's1 Sundown saz-4500d2 sets of Sundown CS6.5 Comps. (Doors) 2 10" Sundown NeoPro 10's (Doors)1/0 KnuKonceptz - Power x2- Ground- Big 3 300 Amp External Regulated Excessive Amperage Alt 147.8 Sealed Mic on Windshiled148 30sec. Average Drivers Door open Mic on Windshield Check Out my YouTube Channel --->>> http://www.youtube.com/user/dmntyo2007?feature=guidehttp://www.stevemead...ld-competition/
bassahaulic Posted November 6, 2010 Report Posted November 6, 2010 For 6 cubes? That's way too much. I have 13.5 gross volume and just over 10 net, and I am using 3 6" aero's. Why do you say it's to much?
OrionStang Posted November 6, 2010 Report Posted November 6, 2010 To each his own. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted November 6, 2010 Report Posted November 6, 2010 Why do you say it's to much? Its too much port area, especially for aero's. They will need to be very long to tune low. That mean's bending them, a pain in the ass. The general rule is 12-16 sq in of port per cube for square ports. Aero ports usually work better at 8-10 sq in of port area per cube. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
bassahaulic Posted November 6, 2010 Report Posted November 6, 2010 Its too much port area, especially for aero's. They will need to be very long to tune low. That mean's bending them, a pain in the ass. The general rule is 12-16 sq in of port per cube for square ports. Aero ports usually work better at 8-10 sq in of port area per cube. The general rule is a joke. Only meant for people who can't do the proper formulas to figure the port area.
OrionStang Posted November 6, 2010 Report Posted November 6, 2010 The general rule is a joke. Only meant for people who can do the proper formulas to figure the port area. Oh your right. I must not have any experience with aeroports. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
bassahaulic Posted November 6, 2010 Report Posted November 6, 2010 Oh your right. I must not have any experience with aeroports. I see it's the same over here as it was 2 years ago, people who think they know it all and the second someone comes with a different set of ideas they are noobs.
OrionStang Posted November 6, 2010 Report Posted November 6, 2010 For example, a 6cuft box (after displacement) with 3 6" aero's 20" long, would give a tuning of 37.xx. And the ports must bend. Two 6" aero's in a 6cube net box will give you a tuning of 33.5, without bends. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.