Sundown Audio

Sundown X-8 Work in Progress

Basically... initial estimates are coming in pretty well identical to the X-12 woofer (285 MAP).

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94289-sundown-x-12-prototype/

Not a huge surprise as this has the same motor size... considering all the custom tooled parts above that it's actually a deal, IMO :drink40:

I am going to call later to confirm all the estimates I got this morning as I'm not 100% clear on all the details without the call.

I may be able to pre-sell them for in the area of 225-250 or so with possible discounts on multiples.

----

Worst case if my estimates need some adjusting we may have to go to ~$300 MAP on this driver.

But... lets think about it and compare to the other "king" of 8" woofers on the market today :

Linear x-max is identical to the 8W7 @ 19mm one-way... X-8 has a shorting ring which the W7 does not.

Will handle WAY more power than the 8W7 does thermally... much stronger motor so way better for SPL... will weigh nearly 2x more due to that fact.

Funny enough.. exact same mounting dept @ 6.83" -- OD of the 8W7 is 8.5" and ours is 8.9" -- so actual SD is nearly identical to the 8W7 due to their surround attachment method.

Our cone will make theirs look sickly in strength as it's a high carbon fiber paper blend with molded ribs.

We will have coil options which the W7 does not have (D2 and D4 for us)

Lowest price I can find on an 8W7 is $275 from OCS with a 30-day warranty... pretty well the same as our authorized price with a 2-year warranty and our driver has many advantages as listed above. Authorized on the 8W7 at Crutchfield you are looking at $440 -- the X-8 is a steal by comparison.

----

I will confirm pricing estimates as soon as I can... but I am very pleased so far.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

nice i hope u come closer to that 225-250 lol

For pre-order I will be around that.

Regular is going to be 285-300 -- that is not subject to change.

I would make several hundred SA-8s with the tooling cost in this driver :good:

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

Got the information I was unclear on -- it is leaning towards the $300 MAP side.

I will still be looking at the mid 225-250 pre-order, though ! So I advise picking them up early to get the best deal as it will be the new king of 8" woofers :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg