Second Skin Audio

I been lurking on these forums for sometime. I have calculated costs of doing my car in damplifier pro and in spectrum and found spectrum to be cheaper.

I see peoples builds and people doing their doors and headliner with DP but wont it be easier to just use spectrum?

Awsome site btw

Cause sometimes SP just isnt enough

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I been lurking on these forums for sometime. I have calculated costs of doing my car in damplifier pro and in spectrum and found spectrum to be cheaper.

I see peoples builds and people doing their doors and headliner with DP but wont it be easier to just use spectrum?

Awsome site btw

To answer your question, it's because Damplifier is usually a million times easier to put in than Spectrum. You don't have to wait for Damplifier to dry or anything after the install. just peel off the backing, stick it on, use the wooden roller thingy, and it's stuck. With Spectrum you have to wait for it to dry and have to apply several layers to get the same amount of vibration dampening.

implying what he is :lol:

Understood :lol:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

ya spectum on the headliner sounds like a bad idea. idk if youve ever sprayed the gun but it gets shit everywhere and if u put the spectrum on too think it will run. ive done alot with it on my floor but even on the sides its not nearly as forgiving. spraying it on the headliner would just be a pita

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I was going to do this for my 99 mercury villager (nissan quest). I have a small system. Dont dogg me casue my system isnt like most of yours haha, it was a budget.

eclipse xa4000 4 channel

6.5 polk momo components front

6.5 pol DB components rear

Orion EQ

audiocontrol crossover

pioneer 6800 head unit with goodies

mtx 10'' 7500

dei xtreme d1200 I think

I saw on second skin that it seems easy to apply spectrum. But on my headliner I would probably use FIREWALL so that it can block the heat, it gets HOT!. If I used Damplifierpro then the heat would eventually get in which isnt what I want.

In the doors I always wanted to do. This is a cheapermade van and doesnt have good pannels. So thats why I was thinking of using spectrum to spray because it would be "easier".

Unless im convinced otherwise =)

define easier and define headliner.

i put double layer DP for rattling and a layer of motormat pro on the roof itself. then a layer of heatwave pro on the foamy carpet "headliner"

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

define easier and define headliner.

i put double layer DP for rattling and a layer of motormat pro on the roof itself. then a layer of heatwave pro on the foamy carpet "headliner"

I dont know about defining, hehe maybe by not getting my fingers all cut up and getting into tighter spots =). The main reason I wanted to get firewall was to use some of it in my 86 300zx transmission tunnel as well. It gets up to 110 degree surface temps on the tunnel and makes crusin a nice day of 76 degrees hot and I have to turn on the AC.

Isn't it something like

3 layers of spectrum = 1 layer of damplifier pro

I was reading and I think it was 2 layers is 2mm 80mls. That was according to the website, and DP is 2mm.