DC Sound Lab

Level 5 Neo vs Level 6?

so now you design, engineer and know everything about subwoofers....no please...enlighten us.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

yes...I THINK...i never said it was true or a source it came from but from being around quite a few people who use Neos and talking to them and how they work and how they compared to other subs...im basing my THINK off of that

and yes...i made this thread asking what would better suite my application and i wanted Neos coming into this thread...and wanted to make sure that was a choice i wanted to go with and compare them to the Level 6s because before the Neos were in my head the Level 6s were in my head for MUCH longer...i would really like to reduce weight and the price is right for these Neos (no i will not say any prices so done ask)

plus i want a sub that like Thor said..he slams on his all day and doesn't even SMELL them...i slam on my 5s for a good time but they get a LITTLE stinky...nothing bad that doesn't go away quick but its nothing near what it did when i had the RF 2.5ks

I was actually joking with the I think. I guess I forgot a lol.

I just tried to give u my best opinion. I can understand why u wanna save weight and ect. But for a groundpounder I'd choose something else over DC's neo design. THIS is ME personally.

I've played with a 18 level 5, on a Sundown 3500d at 1ohm and it takes it fine. I have not clamped to see how much power is going to it but regardless.

I'm not trying to talk shit abt DC, I like them better than a lot of brands, that's foresure, just not my favorite.

I don't think the lvl6's would like your current box anyway take up to much space inside, the neo's will be more efficient because of motor strength and increase in box size.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

John have you ever seen the focal subwoofers? similiar look w the motor

if I remember right the focal has round ferrite not neo, the original dd 9100 series also had round ferrite stacks

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I have been running Neo mag's for a while and all the research I have read about Neo's are that they will lose strength when they heat up but will return to normal strength once they cool down.They don't lose strength permanently.

they do lose it permanently, dante only gets like 10-20 burps on his 99z's before motors are done for

mcintoshsigz.png

I see so much fail in here from people talking out of their ass :(

inverting almost always lowers score if your box is already the right size

inverting doesn't increase cooling

air moves in a box but it's not a constant stream of fresh air it moves back in forth following the cone movement

neo will lose strength but I seriously doubt chode will even get close to that point with his set up

spider diameter means jack shit about excursion, a properly designed 8" spider will work fine with a 4" coil

the neo dc's are daily based and do fine on music, even the 99z that is spl only does great on music

mcintoshsigz.png

if I remember right the focal has round ferrite not neo, the original dd 9100 series also had round ferrite stacks

i said look...not overall design or anything

air moves in a box but it's not a constant stream of fresh air it moves back in forth following the cone movement

neo will lose strength but I seriously doubt chode will even get close to that point with his set up

spider diameter means jack shit about excursion, a properly designed 8" spider will work fine with a 4" coil

the neo dc's are daily based and do fine on music, even the 99z that is spl only does great on music

if this were facebook id like this post...and i think the inverted comments were just joking around..i would never invert my subs

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I didn't say they won't play music. And if a properly designed 8inch spider work with a 4inch coil, why hasn't nobody really done it yet? I'm sure smart people have tried instead of spending 100k on tooling new full line of frames. I didn't say it won't work, cause it will. Just not "great". Just my opinion. I won't buy a 8inch spider 4inch coil sub. Period. But this is ME, not you or everybody else.

I didn't say they won't play music. And if a properly designed 8inch spider work with a 4inch coil, why hasn't nobody really done it yet? I'm sure smart people have tried instead of spending 100k on tooling new full line of frames. I didn't say it won't work, cause it will. Just not "great". Just my opinion. I won't buy a 8inch spider 4inch coil sub. Period. But this is ME, not you or everybody else.

And the flip side...if it does it will become revolutionary! :drinks: