DC Sound Lab

Level 5 Neo vs Level 6?

This ones for Rusty pretty much but id figure id ask on the forum because others may have the same question...whats the pros vs cons of these subs side by side...especially for my application...im a daily pounder but go to A LOT of competitions and like putting up big numbers...and giving nice long demos

i figure the Level 6 is like the SMD...just love a ton of power and plays music all day..but the Neo seems more SPL oriented but will play music fine and i want to know...what would be a better option for me...i do a lot of comps and play music..the level 5s get a lil smelly w some hard play but i wanna be able to slam all day and doing demos on them and do some awesome numbers still. plus a 100+ pound sub doesnt sound too appetizing haha...the level 5 is heavy enough as it is haha

so what would be better for my application...im honestly leaning towards Neos

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I know this is for Rusty, but I know Neo isn't for daily at all. Ferrite is. If the lvl 6 is ferrite, it should be fine for SPL and daily use. Ive talked to Jacob at Sundown about Neos about 2 weeks ago

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

go for the neos chode the 6s have a 4" coil and handle more power.but i like the neos i think the neos on 4 3500s for you would be devastating. damn i should be quiet, now you are going to be louder than me :) if i had the cash thats what i would do

Edited by dc98hoe

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I know this is for Rusty, but I know Neo isn't for daily at all. Ferrite is. If the lvl 6 is ferrite, it should be fine for SPL and daily use. Ive talked to Jacob at Sundown about Neos about 2 weeks ago

thor is banging them daily?

TEAM DC AUDIO

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

i see people w Neos doing music on them though and i thought they were just for SPL for the longest time but i see music out of them all day w no problem...examples...Thorshammer w his Lvl 5 neos, Steves Exterra had DDZs which were neos and he played music fine...IN AN SPL WALL, Pulse Car Audios DD Beast w the 15" DDZ...it plays music fine...ive sat in all 3 w music and it was all gravy...and they do some hella numbers...i want that w my truck to do just all out more...in every way

NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

i see people w Neos doing music on them though and i thought they were just for SPL for the longest time but i see music out of them all day w no problem...examples...Thorshammer w his Lvl 5 neos, Steves Exterra had DDZs which were neos and he played music fine...IN AN SPL WALL, Pulse Car Audios DD Beast w the 15" DDZ...it plays music fine...ive sat in all 3 w music and it was all gravy...and they do some hella numbers...i want that w my truck to do just all out more...in every way

do it bro i dont think you would be disapointed

TEAM DC AUDIO

Neo's can be used for daily music and burps...You just have to have a way to properly move the air away from the Motor...Neo is much stronger then ferrite but it breaks down due to heat....If you can get the motor properly cooled then i would go Neo if not then just go Ferrite :D

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

dc98hoe...what are you hitting now and what gear are you running again??

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg