Strange Voltage Problem

the only thing i can think of is that if you have an automatic the load on the engine will make it rev a few hundred rpm lower if it is in gear than if it is out of gear, that extra little bit may be enough to keep your voltage up while in park

this..

my truck does that too

35 mph... 14.5 full tilt..

stoplight... 13.6 full tilt...

Parked... 14.1 full tilt...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Kyle and I had a lovely talk about my Honda having same problems :) Mine does the same thing man. Hopefully the one hes fixing will come back better than ever!

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I've got an 02 accord and mine does the same. When I first start my car up it idles higher until I put it in drive. Also my rpm goes up if I have my headlights on.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

i am going to go out on a limb here and say something is malfunctioning inside your alternator. my stock alt worked fine until one day, not sure what happened, it was just different. i popped the hood to find smoke rising, thought my alt was shot. at idle it would sit 12, sometimes dropping down to 11.9 if i had anything running (stereo, lights, heater, etc). but when driving around it would sit 13.6 or even 13.9 sometimes. i would look into getting a new alt before anything gets ruined, because it sounds like it isnt working properly

The problem is that I just put a new stock replacement in about a year ago and I haven't had any problems with it since then.

Damn, I didn't know so many people had this problem. I guess once the funds are available I will just get a high output alt and I definitely won't have any voltage issues then.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

System I now have and is finally installed!

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Digtal Designs CS 6.5" components

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

The problem is that I just put a new stock replacement in about a year ago and I haven't had any problems with it since then.

Damn, I didn't know so many people had this problem. I guess once the funds are available I will just get a high output alt and I definitely won't have any voltage issues then.

Not gonna solve it. I've seen 2 h/o alts, including mine, that have broke from hondas engine. The alts are almost too powerful for these engines.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Not gonna solve it. I've seen 2 h/o alts, including mine, that have broke from hondas engine. The alts are almost too powerful for these engines.

Damnit...So am I stuck with this low ass 11.9.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

Id get a DIMM out and start inspecting your grounds. I had the same issue in my z and my 91 accord, turned out to be poor grounds. At idle it should be in the 13's. if anything you can go to your local autoparts store and they can test your alternator in car.

You can put a full load on your electrical system and get the DIMM and test from the battery ground point to the frame. It should be little if not none, however if its excessive then there is the issue. ALSO you can do this with the power, you can go from the power positive of the battery to the output terminal on the alternator.

My van last year would idle around 12.8 which was not acceptable, and didnt get over 13.6 at throttle. changed the alternator, not much change, then Cleaned up the grounds and added an additional ground (just one) and boom, idles at 13.7 and with throttle 14.4 volts. With a load just over 13.9v

Id get a DIMM out and start inspecting your grounds. I had the same issue in my z and my 91 accord, turned out to be poor grounds. At idle it should be in the 13's. if anything you can go to your local autoparts store and they can test your alternator in car.You can put a full load on your electrical system and get the DIMM and test from the battery ground point to the frame. It should be little if not none, however if its excessive then there is the issue. ALSO you can do this with the power, you can go from the power positive of the battery to the output terminal on the alternator. My van last year would idle around 12.8 which was not acceptable, and didnt get over 13.6 at throttle. changed the alternator, not much change, then Cleaned up the grounds and added an additional ground (just one) and boom, idles at 13.7 and with throttle 14.4 volts. With a load just over 13.9v

I will definitely do that. Thanks for the help man! Hopefully it fixes it.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

Try driving around with your headlights on and see if the voltage stays up when your idling at a stoplight. If this fixes the issue then its the "electric load detector" doing its job by turning off the alternator to save gas when no high load is detected. I have a 1997 accord that I compete out of and I had the same issues; I thought my alt was junking out but realized hondas are just gay

Team Sundown

Team XS Power

System:

Car: 1997 Honda Accord

Head unit: Alpine CDE-7870

Amp: 2 Sundown saz-1500

Battery: kinetik 1400 and 2400

Subs: 2 Audioque HD310 D2