Sonic Electronix

I put in two dc 15's, saz 1500. Mot my first set-up either. First was a 15 arrrrgh. Now when I turned them on for the first time, it seems like there are WAYY to many highs coming out. Checked the amp settings, dmm broke, but they seem reasonable, are DC's just that way or what?

and on a side note, how can you tell when the amp settings are set correctly when you have no tools to ensure? lol. but definitely check your filter

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

you sure you got the rca's in the right holes ?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I'm on my blackberry otherwise I would do a multi-quote. But yes I know the rca's are correct at the hu because I didn't change them from the last set up. And at the back, both rca in's are white? So idk.

I can move the subsonic and low pass filter and it seems like nothing happens.

You know roughly where your settings should be.

what would really help here is

what kinda headunit do u have running this setup, does it have 3 preouts or 2 or 1?

what kinda amp are u running them with?

do u have another amp running ur mids n highs

and if ur headunit has a sub adjustment it might be set to high

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

the older alpines i had didn't have a really good sub sonic filter for the sub out and it let some of the midrange reach the subs

does the subs hit lows too? or just highs?

and how long have they been in cause most subs need to be "broke in" to get to there full potential, some of my subs are stiff as shit and dont like lows but after playing them a lil while they love it now, it just loosens up the spider to let the sub move a lil better and easier

im not a speaker builder but mine do this and there not real top of the line but when they did come out they where $300 each so they aint that bad

and is the box u got them in ported or sealed?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif