P4Killer_'s first go at a 4th Order

A vid of the box? What would you like to see? There's nothing but port... It moves some air thats for sure. The measurements iirc 31.5 wide by 11.5 tall by.. idk how long 8.25 for the ported 11.5 for the ported idk it get slightly complicated with the shared pannel something liek that

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

That's not bad at all for how little power you have and inefficient subs. You're probably only seeing around 300rms out of that amp. And there is nothing wrong with the way you did your design. People just like to argue about 4th orders like they know everything about them but then can't tell you why to do it a certain way. Your design would be geared more towards a better or flatter frequency response. It may not get quit as loud as others but it should play a very wide bandwidth. Would like to see what your setup could do with a decent amp.

But again the question is, WHY? If winisd and a few calcs online basically render the same reccomended specs, then why are

they wrong>? knowledge was really the only goal is this project, and Id LOVE to learn as much as possible about this before working on a bigger scale. Its like letting someone else build for you, just because they did it for you and it pounds, means you yourself have learned nothing, and whats the point of that?

If this was for knowledge why are you questioning people who have built and played with bandpass before?

I learned a few things from 8 0 inches as well. Then I started talking to mike singer. He has been the biggest help!!

Build a box with a ratio of 2:1 ported chamber being bigger and I'm almost positive your numbers will increase and it'll still be musical as hell.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

That's not bad at all for how little power you have and inefficient subs. You're probably only seeing around 300rms out of that amp. And there is nothing wrong with the way you did your design. People just like to argue about 4th orders like they know everything about them but then can't tell you why to do it a certain way. Your design would be geared more towards a better or flatter frequency response. It may not get quit as loud as others but it should play a very wide bandwidth. Would like to see what your setup could do with a decent amp.

Thanks, I was talkin to my dude, hes alot more knowledgable than I, and he gave me the low down,

but as for what you said, it makes sense. I was wondering why although I chose .7 S value for a peaky response, it plays very flat.. which is fine with me. it does the same #'s from like 35-47 hz almost. kinda nice actually.

But Im just super excited about having a TL to test with, I love tinkering, just playing with things and seeing what happens, and this is like my favorite thing ive ever owned, plus if i wanna go to a show 29.9 is no problem so thats more fun to be had. I really appreciate the feedback, and for those ppl who said i did it wrong, maybe I did. like i said above knowledge, and small amount of bump to keep me happy was my only goal. it puts out plenty of bump for driving up the street to work.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

I don't think I know everything, but I do know about effiecency. The less power available the more efficient you want your box obviously.

In his case he needs all the efficiency he can get.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

If this was for knowledge why are you questioning people who have built and played with bandpass before?

I learned a few things from 8 0 inches as well. Then I started talking to mike singer. He has been the biggest help!!

Build a box with a ratio of 2:1 ported chamber being bigger and I'm almost positive your numbers will increase and it'll still be musical as hell.

Stop trying to argue please, and to answer you question, to learn you must ASK QUESTIONS, Im not disputing ppl knowledge, not in the least. shoot, ive been more than respectful towards anyone giving any kind of advice. Yea i know singer too, and yea he knows like everything, i know a few other ppl like that too, thats beside the point. We'll see what happens, but dont get all big n mighty on me-- i appreciate your help

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

I don't think I know everything, but I do know about effiecency. The less power available the more efficient you want your box obviously.

In his case he needs all the efficiency he can get.

its true thats why you need a bigger ported area for more efficiency

the sealed portion controls your cone and it is like tuning a normal sealed box the bigger the box the lower the tuning but to big is bad so you need to find that sweet spot that being in between the ratios i gave earlier

now the ported section is what controls the efficiency and really all i can say is the bigger the ported area the better but stay under the 1-4 ratio

i dont know what else i can say here but try and take what i've provided and try and learn

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

its true thats why you need a bigger ported area for more efficiency

the sealed portion controls your cone and it is like tuning a normal sealed box the bigger the box the lower the tuning but to big is bad so you need to find that sweet spot that being in

between the ratios i gave earlier

now the ported section is what controls the efficiency and really all i can say is the bigger the ported area the better but stay under the 1-4 ratio

i dont know what else i can say here but try and take what i've provided and try and learn

+ 108373839303083849404 to what you just said.

You said exactly what I wanted to. I'm on my iPhone though and hate typing super long replies in it cause my sausage fingers hit all the buttons but the right ones hahah

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Its all good ppl, in a lil while Ill simply reverse the ports, and post the numbers to start with. Re-designing is going to be an issue. As at my current height of 11.5" external, the box doesnt fit due to the trunk lid bar, but unfortunately I cant really make it any shorter, due to the fact that the woofer itself is roughly 11.25 wide, well maybe I could, if I could save 1/4" i think it would clear.. Ill look into it, but for at least a while ill keep the box ive got.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Its all good ppl, in a lil while Ill simply reverse the ports, and post the numbers to start with. Re-designing is going to be an issue. As at my current height of 11.5" external, the box doesnt fit due to the trunk lid bar, but unfortunately I cant really make it any shorter, due to the fact that the woofer itself is roughly 11.25 wide, well maybe I could, if I could save 1/4" i think it would clear.. Ill look into it, but for at least a while ill keep the box ive got.

Honestly dude I wasn't trying to be negative in anyway towards your box. At least you tried! Bandpass is tweak the box, test. Tweak the box some more and test some more.

Repeat like 15 times lol. I'm looking forward to the redesign/rebuild

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer