Sonic Electronix

Depending on subs, just get a 1000 watt monoblock amp, you can find them from several companies for 250 or much less.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

i believe james was selling an audioson amp a little while ago

link to amp for you ....

its a class AB monoblock i believe

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Note: Although this amp has two speaker outputs which make connecting a subwoofer easy, it is still considered a Monoblock amp

Don't forget to read everything. ;)

And 5 ohms: 7400 watts x each chan

And 1 ohm: 4616 watts x each chan

Lol wut? they just mean 0.5 ohm instead of 5 ohms. :P

And it only has 1 channel. ;) aka monoblock

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

why do you want a 2 channel for woofers? makes no sense to me.

Because of space constraints.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

but earlier you said you wanted 2 channel because they sound better then monmo amps ...... now its space you know how small 1000 watt amps are getting now a days mono or 2 Channel there still small amps

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

2 channels are absolutely pointless in my opinion. the only thing they are good for are for powering component speakers or some midbass speakers or something. get a monoblock and call it a day.

no you dont want to wire 2 subwoofers to a 2 channel in stereo mode, unless you want cancellation or the woofers to sound all funny when the bass isnt 50/50 on both channels.

Note: Although this amp has two speaker outputs which make connecting a subwoofer easy, it is still considered a Monoblock amp

Don't forget to read everything. ;)

And 5 ohms: 7400 watts x each chan

And 1 ohm: 4616 watts x each chan

Lol wut? they just mean 0.5 ohm instead of 5 ohms. :P

And it only has 1 channel. ;) aka monoblock

no if you look at the pics it has 2, monoblock channels. they must be paralleled on the inside of each channel so each channel is a monoblock maybe?

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

ive had a mono ab with 2 terminals for speakers, but it had the channels bridged internally and mono class-D with 2 terminals for speakers, never a 2 channel mono though

personally i prefer a class-D monoblock for 1-2 subwoofers, if you ave more, get another class-D mono or as another guy posted class_AB mono if you prefer ABs

I would think it would be more efficient without splitting channels, but Im still an AudioNoob

Without a long drawn out explanation-

2 channel amps can be much easier to wire as opposed to monoblocks when it comes to hitting the ohm. rating you want. There an numerous cases where subs do/don't have the right number of coils or coils at the proper ohm rating to take advantage of- say the 1.0 ohm power of some mono-blocks. In this case, a 2-channel amp can allow a user to wire the subs accordingly to achieve the more power than they would have with a monoblock of equal cost.

I would like to pose this question to those who have scoffed at him wanting to use a 2-channel over a monoblock because (gee gah a monoblx the only way to run subz yea boi!). If a monoblock is "for subs".....please explain to me why all professional amps are typically 2-channel or more? No offense- but car audio takes a back seat to the professional gear out there. Monoblocks are (to my knowledge) only used in the 12v market (or maybe home theatre). Every pro. system i've seen,worked on, designed, etc- has never used a single monoblock sub amp....never. I have used amps that are 4 channel that would blow the shit out of damn near all car audio amps (exempt for the stupid expensive ones). So, if I can get 2000watts @ 4ohm...per sub cabinet...x4 cabinets... why the hell would I want to stick 4 amps in a rack instead of one? I wouldn't....because that is stupid.....and would cost more...and take up more space... hell...We've used amps that support 8 channel, from 4-16ohms per channel, deliver the same power at any of those ohm ratings, and deliver 500w each channel... why the hell would you want mult. amps to achieve that? Monoblocks have their place...but due to the fact that most are more difficult to wire unless you have exactly the right sub combo (VC and ohms ratings), and don't have the S/N of an A/B....to me they have select applications...and a 2 channel A/B can be used in much broader applications...

guy- if you want to use a 2-channel...use a f'in 2 channel. You can find A/B 2channels with subsonic filters, that meet that 2006 CAE spec, that will be easy to wire, and offer a better signal to noise ratio than a (cost) comparable monoblock.

Archived