not eventually pretty much instantly.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

:facepalm: Not once have I seen anyone mention a resistor, if you're running a LED off 12v, you will definitely want a resistor otherwise it could eventually fry.

x2 resistors are a must... i got 2 wired up to the 12V line on my computer with a resistor but i cant remember how much, just do the formula for it which I cant remember either LOL long night... V=IR maybe... idk but Radioshack has both LEDs and resistors for real cheap...

and run the pos from the remote turn on wire? that way they dont stay on 24/7? but if you wanted it to flash with the beat : http://www.ledunderbody.com/led-interior-light-kits-underseat-underdash.aspx get a professional one so you dont have to worry unless your good at this (and judging by the fact your on here lol your not)

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

I know moetpoppin is pretty good with LEDs, he has a thread where he was messing with making sound activated LEDs. Here it is. You could try to PM him, I know he did it with transistors and whatnot, not too sure how though.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

what if there 12 volt LED strips?

and how would the leds break from the bass?

don't see them staying on or working too long from spl, and from the vibration of the box

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

not eventually pretty much instantly.

Yeah, true.

what if there 12 volt LED strips?

and how would the leds break from the bass?

I don't think he knew they are semiconductors and have no filament.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

i'm also looking for some LED rope in purple for buddys box

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Dont quote me on this but i have seen it done and its on youtube. But i havent tried it yet. I have a module that controls my LED's and senses the bass its ok not too great but still cool. But i think you can hook up your 12 vold LED strip to your small channel amplifier if you have one. Positive to Positive and Negative to Negative on the channels so when the frequency hits the LED's will light up. Like i said i havent tried it yet but i seen it on a small amp i think 400 rms by 4 channels so mayble like 100 rms to each channel. Cant be to positive till i try but i havent had time to take my car apart yet

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

Dont quote me on this but i have seen it done and its on youtube. But i havent tried it yet. I have a module that controls my LED's and senses the bass its ok not too great but still cool. But i think you can hook up your 12 vold LED strip to your small channel amplifier if you have one. Positive to Positive and Negative to Negative on the channels so when the frequency hits the LED's will light up. Like i said i havent tried it yet but i seen it on a small amp i think 400 rms by 4 channels so mayble like 100 rms to each channel. Cant be to positive till i try but i havent had time to take my car apart yet

It doesn't matter which way you put the strip on, since the amp puts out AC anyway. Also, it most likely won't put out 12v. The LED strip will be a weird ohmage too, not a nice low number for your amp. So it could end up going poof when the bass hits.

What you want to do is make a nice circuit with PWM that varies the brightness depending on the signal level. Well, that's probably the best way to do it.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

ohh like i said i wasnt very sure just seen it like that on the computer

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

this is way to confusing lol i think ill pass on it. i just wanted some light in my box :rofl:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png