Sonic Electronix

ok..got a mate with a 1000watt amp and bunch cheap ebay subs in total he baught for like $100...anways he says he got 3000watts (not rms either!!) and i said how? he showed me how he wired his subs..

basicly they are all single voice coil then run all the wire to amp all 3 pos twisted together at the ends then shoved in..same for neg..and he is certin each sub is getting 1000watt each now..i said that youd be luky if they geting a 1/3 of what it says..but then i got to thinking..

what is happening to the amp? is the independence changeing? up or down? i 99.99% sure he isnt giveing each 1000watt but ill ask anyway..lol

i no im going to get alot of facepalms but be nice :noob:

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Name/brand/specs of amp?

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Name/brand/specs of amp?

well..as far as i no they all kingswood..no not kenwood kingswood..

if that really makes a diff? im curious as to if u just throw all your sub wireing into the amp what happens to the amp? if independent changes and such

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Wiring all the subs in that way is called paralllel wiring. Those being single voice coil subs, I'd put my money on them being 4 or 8 ohms each.

So the amp is likely still at a higher resistance then rating. The wattage is being divided not multiplied. Your friend is most likely one of those stereotypical noobs who buys some random cheap gear, not knowing what he's taking about but wants to talk a big game. Just let him talk that talk, and show him you know more in due time.

Wiring all the subs in that way is called paralllel wiring. Those being single voice coil subs, I'd put my money on them being 4 or 8 ohms each.

So the amp is likely still at a higher resistance then rating. The wattage is being divided not multiplied. Your friend is most likely one of those stereotypical noobs who buys some random cheap gear, not knowing what he's taking about but wants to talk a big game. Just let him talk that talk, and show him you know more in due time.

you hit the nail on the head..he is a super noob..but thanks for clear it up i new it would devide..but not sure if it would lower or raise the ohms..but yeh guess it gose up lol

burp setup for fun 152's

Parallel lowers your ohm load, series can bring it up. What i thought.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Parallel lowers your ohm load, series can bring it up. What i thought.

yes paralell lowers the ohm load allowing he amp to make more power. If your new lowered ohm load is still higher then the amps rating, you're not putting out the power the amp was rated at. Regardless, the power the amp IS making is being divided among the speakers and not multiplied by the number of speakers as the op's friend tried to make it seem.

i have a friend that did something noobish along the lines of this, he had a 4 channel amp for two subs and thought each channel got the entire 1600watts the amplifier claimed and since he had 4 channels on two subwoofers, he figured he was getting 3200 watts per sub and he was putting this to two 12 inch svc mtx 6600s

Unless that amp is rating 3000 watts real power at crazy ass ohm load, any way you look at it you have some 1/3 multiple of the ohm load, so it puts a odd ohm load on the amp, like 2.66 for example depending on subs svc or dvc and all the possible ohm configs you can get. I will just say this, since you say he is a "super noob", he is not getting 1000 watts to each sub. Since that was your original question.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db