What are some careers that require little to know school

Im at my 2nd year of college, doing decent but hate it so much, just looking into a career that doesnt require any kind of college, that pays enough to live comfortably and also leaves time and money for car audio....anyone know or are in a career like that, post here please, i need some suggestions just in case i throw in the towel soon

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

Drug Dealer???

j/k, not sure man, I went to school for Automotive, now work part-time at a dealership, and do Audioz for people on the side.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Law enforcement.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

My advice is to stick it out if you can since you already have a year and them some completed. The way the job market is down here, anything you can put on your resume will help you. There are so many job applicants for each position, companies can really be picky when they choose candidates.

The downside is that even with a college degree, you probably will not make too much at first. Its all in how much of an edge you want when looking for a job. Economy sucks, so does looking for jobs right now.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Most skill based jobs pay well. IT, carpenter, electrician, iron worker, pipe fitter, etc. Number one problem is that these jobs aren't growing right now (except IT obviously) so making the switch now will be a serious problem.

Honestly if you don't have any skills yet then making a switch now is more than likely a very bad idea. All of the skilled guys I know started when they were 16 or 17 and back then there was more work than workers. You would have to go to school to learn the trade or take a job which won't start paying well until you hit journeymen.

I've been in IT since I was 18 (16 years) and never finished college. Back then I had gone for 2 years with CS as my major and I just couldn't take learning Cobol and Fortran and other crap that was out dated when I was 5 years old so I quit. While I do pretty well not having a degree does hurt you on the job search itself. Once I would get called in for an interview I was golden simply because experience is king, but getting that interview is another story.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Most skill based jobs pay well. IT, carpenter, electrician, iron worker, pipe fitter, etc. Number one problem is that these jobs aren't growing right now (except IT obviously) so making the switch now will be a serious problem.

Honestly if you don't have any skills yet then making a switch now is more than likely a very bad idea. All of the skilled guys I know started when they were 16 or 17 and back then there was more work than workers. You would have to go to school to learn the trade or take a job which won't start paying well until you hit journeymen.

I've been in IT since I was 18 (16 years) and never finished college. Back then I had gone for 2 years with CS as my major and I just couldn't take learning Cobol and Fortran and other crap that was out dated when I was 5 years old so I quit. While I do pretty well not having a degree does hurt you on the job search itself. Once I would get called in for an interview I was golden simply because experience is king, but getting that interview is another story.

Agreed I work in IT as well and do not have acollege degree. Getting in the door was the tough part. once in the door I was golden. Its not often you hear someone say im 28 yrs old and have 10 yrs of experience actually working in the IT field. It is not for everyone though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'm also in IT, since 1989. Since I'm an old fart with experience, I make good money. However, I've been unemployed twice in the last two years and getting interviews is the hardest part. Once I get the interview I usually nail it. It can just take forever to get that interview.

Edited by bobonit

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

No wonder you guys are assholes...IT guys are always assholes. Grumpy overpaid assholes. Well that's been my experience with IT guys. To the OP, IT makes good money though.

You could be a Master of he Custodial Arts

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

No wonder you guys are assholes...IT guys are always assholes. Grumpy overpaid assholes. Well that's been my experience with IT guys. To the OP, IT makes good money though.

You could be a Master of he Custodial Arts

i was an asshole before IT.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

IT did make me vindictive. Don't piss me off when I control your email lol. Ive outgrown that now

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High