Sonic Electronix

But if you inverted it in a Sealed box it wouldn't over heat. But i doubt it will sound to good sense it is designed for a ported box.

It could. These subs don't have pole vents, so if it can't move enough to circulate air, it could get hot.

Do you happen to know what makes a sub designed for a ported box vs a sealed one? Or is it just that the manufacturers are the only ones who know, and what they say goes?

I'm not trying to contradict anyone, I would just like to know why, like in my last post.

You have to look at the T&S specs and know what there needs to be. There is sometimes a EBP number, which helps to give you an idea of what box a sub is better in.

but yeah, it probably easiest to just do what the people that made suggested. After all, they did make it.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

What kind of box do you have ? Maybe it is too big ?

I switched mine too :I had a 3.5 ft3 L ported box for my SSA Xcon, and it was taking all my cargo area.

Now I have a 3.1 ft3 ported box with 2 x 4" aeroports(flared), and now it sounds much better, takes less room, and it's even louder (port is firing to the side, instead of firing up).

I would not put a BTL in a sealed box.

You can get it rebuild to a 12" , so that you can use a smaller box.

Good luck !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I ran 2 DC XL 15s in a sealed box and had 0 issue on a audiopipe 3000.... do it and tell us what kinda results you have.

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones