bigmightymike24 Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 Hey so I am wondering if the Hifonics Brutus series amps are pretty reliable and powerful amps? I have 15" FI BL sub that rms around 1000w. I was researching online on different amps I can use, but I havent really dealt with HIFONICS AUDIO. I want to know if the Hifonics BRZ1700.1D is a good and powerful amp and how does it do up against the heavy hitting ROCK FORD FOSGATE, ALPINE, and JL amps? Also i wanted to know if they are pretty reliable. Please post feedback on the Hifonics BRZ1700.1D.
EclipseChris Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 Use the search button. Threads like this need to have consequences. i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
EclipseChris Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 Also, alpine and JL amps are NOT "hard hitting" i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
REMT15 Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 not sure about the new line but my old brutus 2607D lasted for 2 years at 0.5 ohm. sold it to upgrade
Coolwazabi Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 had a hifonic bxi2006d for about 2 years.. great amp and put out good power that was fairly efficient.. not sure how it compares to rockford or anything, but no complaints from me.
Skullz Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 Also, alpine and JL amps are NOT "hard hitting" Excuse me! Since when did alpine amps not hit hard? I've had a few alpine amps in my day that hit pretty damn hard on some speakers and subs alike. There are some of the hifonics amps that will do rated or close to it , so i would at least get one thats the next size up if you choose to go with them. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
ryderonthestorm Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 Ok I wont be an asshole about it but there are a million threads like this. But Hifonics are ok amps for the price. But if you really want a "hard hitting" amp you should look into Sundown 1200 or maybe an AQ 1200. The AQ is only $250 so that might be a good option for you. 1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series DC Power 270 Amp Alt Big 3 Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire XS Power D6500 XS Power D3100 Pioneer Headunit JBL Mids and Highs Rockford Fosgate 400.4 3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms American Bass 150.1
TeamHT Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 Excuse me! Since when did alpine amps not hit hard? I've had a few alpine amps in my day that hit pretty damn hard on some speakers and subs alike. There are some of the hifonics amps that will do rated or close to it , so i would at least get one thats the next size up if you choose to go with them. I concur. Alpine and JL have very nice amps. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
TeamHT Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 had a hifonic bxi2006d for about 2 years.. great amp and put out good power that was fairly efficient.. not sure how it compares to rockford or anything, but no complaints from me. I'll agree, hifonics amps a very decent. But...efficient? If you believe so I think you might want reread the definition of efficient. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.