Hugh G. Rection Posted November 21, 2010 Report Posted November 21, 2010 Usually people use external aeroports on burp box's, just to make changes to tuning alot easier. actually, they usually only use external aero ports in street classes, and this is because the enclosure have to be small to fit in the cargo areas of the vehicle, and running the port inside the enclosure would cost too much airspace in the enclosure. with as much works as true competitors put into their enclosure, they could care less about making it easier to change the tuning. Owner of BigAss Ports
C-Fizzy Posted November 21, 2010 Report Posted November 21, 2010 So in that class, it doesn't matter where the port is? As long as the actual box is in the cargo area? under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
fecupe2001 Posted November 21, 2010 Report Posted November 21, 2010 Best box i´ve gotten with a sinle 15" was 2.8 cubic feet and 2 6" aeroports, every sub i putted on it scored very nice I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
TorK102 Posted November 21, 2010 Author Report Posted November 21, 2010 Alright man. Well I got some pvc for now. Ill buy an actual aero port sometime soon. So two six inch aeros will be better than one? My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
killallblue Posted November 21, 2010 Report Posted November 21, 2010 But that box is semi sexy so far
TorK102 Posted November 21, 2010 Author Report Posted November 21, 2010 It does. I can't wait to see when its finished and I actually get a real aeroport My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
fecupe2001 Posted November 21, 2010 Report Posted November 21, 2010 It´s imposible to know what´s gonna work better, port area depends on sub xmax, internal space, even the freaking car when you are building burp boxes, everything is test test test and test, i had a funny case a few months ago, i build a burp box with a single 8" PVC tube, i changed to 4 4" pvc tubes (exactly same port area) and raised my score 0.7 dbs, beats me!! haha But yes, you can use pvc tubes for testing and then buy an original aeroport, or you can always flare the pvc tube if you want, works like a champ!! I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
TorK102 Posted November 21, 2010 Author Report Posted November 21, 2010 Yeah. I need at least a 6.61 inch port for it to work right. But I'm. Running 1 6" for now and seeing how it works. Its my first ported box build so its kind of a learning process for me. How would I flare out the pvc? My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
Ford302Redneck Posted November 21, 2010 Report Posted November 21, 2010 actually, they usually only use external aero ports in street classes, and this is because the enclosure have to be small to fit in the cargo areas of the vehicle, and running the port inside the enclosure would cost too much airspace in the enclosure. with as much works as true competitors put into their enclosure, they could care less about making it easier to change the tuning. I don't compete but the easiness of changing tuning with external aero is important, the few times I've built a SPL setup. I'm not 100% all of them don't care about that. I know once you figure out what works then it may not matter but for most it takes a good bit of testing and tuning.
Ford302Redneck Posted November 21, 2010 Report Posted November 21, 2010 Yeah. I need at least a 6.61 inch port for it to work right. But I'm. Running 1 6" for now and seeing how it works. Its my first ported box build so its kind of a learning process for me. How would I flare out the pvc? Buy one already flared or make a mold and heat the pvc and press it into the mold. Buying is easier of course, if you only need 2 ends.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.