Second Skin Audio

4- 12"s Squeezed On A Budget

Forevrbumpn

I have been doing little things for my homie out here, kinda taking very small steps, since the whole deal is budget orientated. Basically dude came to me, "I got $450, what can you do with it?"

So, I sold him 4- Soundstream Exact -oldschool models,yet brand new in packaging still, and made the first box. Ended up being only like 3.25-3.5cf for all 4- 12s" Was way to punchy, peak was around 80hz- sealed (sealed sucks in this case)

Next box I decided to go basic, just square box, shoved behind the back seat, ported-tuned to 32hz Wayyyy better, 5cf, but the little RF 900 watt amp had to go, sold him my Power Acoustic A3000db tonite, and got shit rumblin.... But still, man I hate trunk cars, loseing an easy 3db as if it was hatch or SUV, but hits the lows just right....

heres a few pics- $450 budget (added $200 for the amp) $650

BTW, this is a 2002 Buick Park Ave

trunk5.jpg

trunk3.jpg

trunk6.jpg

DSCI0002-1.jpg

^^^^ thats his old RF box before meeting me

DSCI0287-1.jpg

newer box, same OLD RF amp^^^

DSCI0286.jpg

DSCI0288.jpg

DSCI0290.jpg

^ you can kinda see the box terminals thru the arm rest in the back

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I have been doing little things for my homie out here, kinda taking very small steps, since the whole deal is budget orientated. Basically dude came to me, "I got $450, what can you do with it?"

So, I sold him 4- Soundstream Exact -oldschool models,yet brand new in packaging still, and made the first box. Ended up being only like 3.25-3.5cf for all 4- 12s" Was way to punchy, peak was around 80hz- sealed (sealed sucks in this case)

Next box I decided to go basic, just square box, shoved behind the back seat, ported-tuned to 32hz Wayyyy better, 5cf, but the little RF 900 watt amp had to go, sold him my Power Acoustic A3000db tonite, and got shit rumblin.... But still, man I hate trunk cars, loseing an easy 3db as if it was hatch or SUV, but hits the lows just right....

heres a few pics- $450 budget (added $200 for the amp) $650

BTW, this is a 2002 Buick Park Ave

^ you can kinda see the box terminals thru the arm rest in the back

i have only heard a sealed setup sound good once. it was 2 10" subs behind the bench seat of a older chevy truck. only good thing about sealed is theres always room for improvment.lol anyways i like your terminal idea i just might have to try something like that on the boxes i build. has your homie metered yet?

pass through is ther biggest thing in a trunk car IMO

I also strongly agree with that statement also. If you provide no where for the air pressure to move from the trunk to the cabin, it aint going to be that loud (yea you will feel the bass) but it could be louder.

That is looking pretty damn nice for a budget system :) Subs like kinda nice too :)

how close was the magnet clearance on them subs?

looks pretty damn close.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
how close was the magnet clearance on them subs?

looks pretty damn close.

a good 1.5" inches

and pic 3 was a battery

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived