Whats the price on a full body paint job

yeah man, paint/body isnt cheap.... figure going rate just for jambs is about a 1g$.... shaved fenders,shaved flipped tail gate/jams/under hood... flat black basecote with preflattend clear. had i not got the pait job on my truck through trade.... i woulda been pushin 4g's.... its GREAT knowing people :good: ..... i get alotta shit for the flat black though... then i say what it woulda cost had i paid for it... then i get even more shit... granted it is a professional job,done in a booth, at a reputible shop here in slc and is flawless...... people shit when they findout i painted my 2006 truck flat black when the paint before was flawless... it was just ugly brown. haha

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

DAMN!

if you guys are paying 3000 for a basic paint job you all are out of your minds lol

the guy who paints all my dads cars for his lot ....said he would charge me 1700 to paint my car blue pearl with sliver flake.....and hes talking doing body work, painting inside, outside, taking out the motor and painting the inside of the engine bay and painting some of my motor parts that color.....i would be pissed if i was you all!

his cars he did all the work and painted

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3838444/1961-chevrolet-impala

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3867434/1995-cadillac-fleetwood

the guy the painted both of these cars built the impala first then he got a bunch of shit form everyone saying he could never build a good low rider again and how now he sucks at painting and everything so he sold the impala and built the caddy (death certificate) spent about 30 grand for everything then ended up selling it for $8.0 more then what he had in it

if the paint job was done someone else instead of his self he said he would have easily charged 20 grand

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

DAMN!

if you guys are paying 3000 for a basic paint job you all are out of your minds lol

the guy who paints all my dads cars for his lot ....said he would charge me 1700 to paint my car blue pearl with sliver flake.....and hes talking doing body work, painting inside, outside, taking out the motor and painting the inside of the engine bay and painting some of my motor parts that color.....i would be pissed if i was you all!

his cars he did all the work and painted

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3838444/1961-chevrolet-impala

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3867434/1995-cadillac-fleetwood

the guy the painted both of these cars built the impala first then he got a bunch of shit form everyone saying he could never build a good low rider again and how now he sucks at painting and everything so he sold the impala and built the caddy (death certificate) spent about 30 grand for everything then ended up selling it for $8.0 more then what he had in it

if the paint job was done someone else instead of his self he said he would have easily charged 20 grand

thats all well n good, but all you are doing is speaking on a hookup that you have... because I just about guarantee that he wouldnt do the exact same thing to a random person that hes doing for you at the same price..... because honestly high quality supplies would cost well over 1000....

and Candyman in Corpus Christi > damn near anyone in the world

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

^ true i really wasnt thinking about a hook up but i understand what you guys are saying... alot of people do charge alot i guess i just dont see that cuz i have never really ask for prices outside of people that my dad/ family deals with

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

^ true i really wasnt thinking about a hook up but i understand what you guys are saying... alot of people do charge alot i guess i just dont see that cuz i have never really ask for prices outside of people that my dad/ family deals with

you should do what im doing bro i got a 98deville big car bought a base white activator reducer trueblue paint/gal medium reducer/gl urethane clear/gl and harder/qt waxremover/gl all house of kolor anyways enough more then enough paint and ect... for 475 shipped from tcp global paint supply.com it was more but i called and talked them down lol and rite now my cars parked taken all trim off lights grill and im going wash it really really good use wax remover and sand the whole car and im going tape everything off and tow that bitch to a shop going only pay 700 for them to spray it with a 3 year warranty off cracks and etc thats your best bet i aint saying im a professional but mite as well do all of it seens i have no body work need be done and before i decided i was going do this i took to 3 shops had them look at it told me it would need no body work mite sound easy i know will be hard but up challege best bet buy your own paint to make sure you have a quality paint

• 3 months later...

Hey wzup man my 03 trailblazer is in the shop right now getting some mouldings shaved off and the roof rack shaved off with some welding involved and a little body work. The color is matte black so with all this he's charging me 1800.00 and thats was the max estimate the low was 1500 so id watch who ya go to this guy has been painting for 23 years for dealerships and has his own shop so goodluck.

$3000! Damn!! Isnt it just sand paper, primer, paint and physical work? If I trusted my self I'd do it my self. The most I have ever painted (and liked) was a box, bed liner, and a Meyer plow. Other than that I'm in the dark

Hey wzup man my 03 trailblazer is in the shop right now getting some mouldings shaved off and the roof rack shaved off with some welding involved and a little body work. The color is matte black so with all this he's charging me 1800.00 and thats was the max estimate the low was 1500 so id watch who ya go to this guy has been painting for 23 years for dealerships and has his own shop so goodluck.

$3000! Damn!! Isnt it just sand paper, primer, paint and physical work? If I trusted my self I'd do it my self. The most I have ever painted (and liked) was a box, bed liner, and a Meyer plow. Other than that I'm in the dark

Lol a full paint job is a bitch with body work. In class weve been working on the this car three weeks, sanded the whole car twice, once to remove paint, next to block sand the primer. Welded holes/ fabbed up pieces, and after we finish sanding this time, we gotta prime it again and sand again. Then comes paint and clear and detailing. 3 grand is about right for all the body work, paint, labor, and materials. Regardless if there are "no" dents, stuff will show up in paint that you cant see normally. Its not just put paint on. IF the mill thickness on the old paint isnt too thick they still have to sand and prep the whole car, mask, and shoot the paint.

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

depends if its a hookup price and who you know,anywhere from around 2 to around 20grand depending

on how crazy the apint is, theres paint jobs out there that costed 100000 grand

so... 100,000,000 dollars? one hundred million dollar paint job?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

• 3 weeks later...

1500 for a paint job? door jams under hood bed thats alot of work to take it all apart, screw that when ever i do a job i gotta make some money on it.It comes down to your going to get what you pay for if its cheap then there either going to cut back on the materials or labor no way around it. Be careful when they tell you I use PPG or Dupont and see what line they're using cause the lower end lines like OMNI or NASON its cheap stuff. They might be made by PPG and Dupont but its nothing like the higher end lines. Also ask if there going to cut and buff the paint when its done , shit that alone i charge 500.

Im painting my Truck now and couldn't see myself doing a job like this for under 7 grand.

CIMG0308.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

1285553530734imagejpeg_3.jpg

Are those decals on the truck? Prep work is an art and not somethign that can just be picked up on teh weekend. You can learn it though if you talk to someone that knows what there talking about. If you were determined enough, you could do it damn cheap. I have seen a lot of unemployed people devote their time to hand sanding and such and had it turn out amazing. Check out this how to paint a car guide. Body filler and stuff is cheap, but the tools and such are expensive in teh long run.

I would look at your alternatives.

Archived