Sonic Electronix

ill break it down

sub port back = sounds good with the least effort

sub port forward = sounds like crap unless its sealed off right then its the superior of configs

sub port up and sub up port back = your trunk gettin ripped to shreds, breaking the locking mechanisms, and any sensors for it will go to crap lol

Wwhat if i have a sealed box? im guessing its just better to face them to the trunk right?

I put mine forward and couldn't be happier. No trunk rattle. A lot more impact. Now I just need to fix the cracks in the trunk lid.

http://m.youtube.com/profile?gl=CA&client=mv-google&hl=en&user=StreamlineAudioVanc

Edited by thepolicerhere

ill break it down

sub port back = sounds good with the least effort

sub port forward = sounds like crap unless its sealed off right then its the superior of configs

sub port up and sub up port back = your trunk gettin ripped to shreds, breaking the locking mechanisms, and any sensors for it will go to crap lol

Wwhat if i have a sealed box? im guessing its just better to face them to the trunk right?

I put mine forward and couldn't be happier. No trunk rattle. A lot more impact.

http://m.youtube.com/profile?gl=CA&client=mv-google&hl=en&user=StreamlineAudioVanc

hmm thanks for the info man i appreciate it, im trying to decide between a ported box and a sealed one....im thinking sealed tho because if youre saying it would have a good amount of impact than its like having the best of both worlds if i just flipped it around....

i dont agree with number two there

i had my box facing forward for a long time. it did not sound like crap. it was a fair amount quieter but it was no where near as peaky as it is facing in the trunk.

personal preference i guess

thats because most of the sound waves and pressure escape to the back of the box where you obviously wont get to enjoy them. i guess i couldve said the response is crappy and well as overall loudness

type of box wont matter but if you want to face it forward it has to be sealed or youre wastin pressure and sound

Edited by Mr. Darkjustice

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I do think it really depends on the car, a friend´s hyundai accent i build with subs/port forward sealed from the trunk sounded good but no as loud as it was before facing the trunk, teared that thing apart, turned around the box and yes, it was way louder facing the trunk than facing forward sealed.

Also, another friend with a nissan sentra B-15 has a DD 3515 and a M2, well, sub/port forward without sealing the trunk it´s loud as hell, much more than facing the rear, so i do think every car and system is different :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I do think it really depends on the car, a friend´s hyundai accent i build with subs/port forward sealed from the trunk sounded good but no as loud as it was before facing the trunk, teared that thing apart, turned around the box and yes, it was way louder facing the trunk than facing forward sealed.

Also, another friend with a nissan sentra B-15 has a DD 3515 and a M2, well, sub/port forward without sealing the trunk it´s loud as hell, much more than facing the rear, so i do think every car and system is different :)

well theres always an exception to a rule. but generally speaking if you want the best results sealing is how you compare it. and did the first guy seal it everywhere it needed to be or just around the box. that ones a curious question lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I had that problem. Seemed louder to the back then sealed forward. Made a new box with a lot more port. Sealed it forward. I will never go back to a rear facing box.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I had my 15 sub up and port back, and it was awesome but lacked a little on the low lows. I switch my box around so port was forward and sub still up, and it is louder on everything and low lows are insane compared to before. This doesn't really apply to your situation, I guess. But it would sound best sub and port forward sealed off.