Cashdollar2009 Build Log ---> LOTS OF PICS!!!

did u cut the mounting hole out with a jigsaw ? and what happend to the port side looked like u needed to add 3/4in to the depth... other than that :good:

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Knu wire 1/0 ultra fleks & Krystal Kable Rca

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

your trunk lid is going to get molested like a drunk stripper at an orgy.

did u cut the mounting hole out with a jigsaw ? and what happend to the port side looked like u needed to add 3/4in to the depth... other than that :good:

Thanks! And I used a jigsaw on the port hole, and a sawzall on the sub hole. I'd kill for a router. My buddy and I had a combination where he would blow the air compressor in front of the blades while I cut so I could see what the Hell I was doing. lol And for the port, it right now has 5" of clearance from the back of the box to the outside of the flare. It is a 6" precision port. The precision port instructions said this would be appropriate, as did the numerous people I had consulted before doing so. Worst case, If I don't feel that it is right, I can just remove the sub, undo the flare end inside of the box, then remove and either cut or adjust the port. :)

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Too many pictures? :(

Nice job with getting by with what tools you had. I have a 15 level 5 and that thing is pretty nuts, how do you like the precision port over the slot port?

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

FUCK the tape dude.

now, all you gotta do is foam the back side of the tape!!

then peel gorilla tape off. ID if you can paint the foam though?

i would also recommend, taping the area off before you foam. that way you can just peel the tape off from underneath when you wanna change boxes.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Nice job with getting by with what tools you had. I have a 15 level 5 and that thing is pretty nuts, how do you like the precision port over the slot port?

Honestly, it seems to move a bit more air than my previous slot ports have. This is only my first bit of experience working with aero's so I can't say for sure, This box ended up tuning around 32Hz and I will say that it is a good bit louder than my last. With flared aero's you do not necessarily need quite as much port area as you do with slot ports. For slots it is typically recommended 14-16in^2, aero's are typically 6-9in^2. I am sitting on 9in^2 now. I will say on the first 30Hz note I got a face full of dust that I forgot to blow out before I mounted the sub. lol

FUCK the tape dude.

now, all you gotta do is foam the back side of the tape!!

then peel gorilla tape off. ID if you can paint the foam though?

i would also recommend, taping the area off before you foam. that way you can just peel the tape off from underneath when you wanna change boxes.

I honestly taped the fuck out of it to convince my parents that I am retaining as much resale value as possible for my next vehicle. I am still in college and it was hard enough convincing them that audio in my car was better than performance parts as I can take the sound with me into whatever I buy next. Don't get me wrong, I paid every penny and work my ass of for everything I own. Just a tricky situation with the way my parents are, ya know.

Along with this, I have been avoiding foam as much as possible... hough I have taped both in the cabin like crazy, as well as the back of the box in the trunk. (not pictured) Maybe foaming OVER a layer of tape wouldn't hurt too much? I really can't afford a mess when I remove everything is why I am so hesitant. With the tape though, I have lost all trunk rattle. Minor flex, but no rattle. Alero trunks are nasty as Hell with rattle.

NOT ME IN VID, JUST ANOTHER ALERO:

I have noticed quite the difference after the tape, sound-wise as well. I have done a 143.00 @ 41hz with the old box. I am hoping for a 145 under 40hz this time. It sounds quite a bit louder, but i'm not about to go off running my mouth quite yet. lol

Nice build man.

Are you running the crescendo at full power yet?

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Nice build.

I know you don't want to damage the car at all but if you want to seal the trunk off better you could put plastic wrap up all around the trunk opening and the box and use spray foam. It will seal it very good and with the plastic wrap you won't get it on your car or box.

You could also take the back of the back seat out and cover the opening with aluminum foil and fiberglass that box in so it looks really sexy. If you do that right you won't damage the car at all either.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

nice box finally !

aeroports FTW !:drinks:

I use (2) 4" flared aeroports, and I love how my box sound now. Way better than my old slot ported one. ...I must admit that the slot port was firing up, and the aero's are firing to the side of the back aera of my hatchback. See my pic /avatar.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived