Sonic Electronix

Hey thanks guys, I pretty much came to the same conclusion in terms of order from best to worse just wanted a second opinion. Has anyone ever heard one of those alphasoniks? I was pretty excited about the price until I did some research and found out they were owned by audiobahn-my excitement quickly turned to dissapointment! Their also not CEA 2006 cert. The Pioneer looks to be a decent amp but a little underpowered for a BTL from what I've heard. The Orion is the older model, no bass knob (nit a deal breaker but sucks). The powerbass is the only new one of the bunch, just getting it from a buddy that's a dealer of their line-dealer price apparently. I've had this sub for a month now and just trying to make sure I purchase the correct amp its by far the largest system I've ever installed.....its killing me not to have hooked up but that is usually when I make a bad impulse purchase. LOL.

Has anyone purchased anything off this site; is it legit? I've heard horror stories. New to the site, I've never bought anything from anywhere but ebay but then again I've heard horror stories about that too.

Honestly...that T3000 is a beast, and would be my first choice. BUT! Do you have the electrical to provide the required amperage to power that amp at 1 ohm...I'm going to assume you don't. You could do the big 3 and wire the amp to 4 ohms temporarily...but to get the fullest I would upgrade your electrical.

Or! I would do the AQ2200 over all of the other options you gave.$389 shipped. But your electrical is still lacking.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yeah, I have upgraded my electrical to a certain extent. I did the big 3 in 0awg oxygen free wire, have all 0awg wiring for amp, and have 2 stinger SPV44 batts. I have not upgraded my alternator though, I have a factory 140a alt. and that is a concern I have! I have taken steps and upgraded everything else though prior. I have also wire brushed and soldered all grounds with a high conductive solder and have set up for an 18" 0awg ground to the chasis for the amp. I believe I have taken all precautions for maximizing my voltage and supplying enough power to the amp, just a little worried about that alternator until I have the cash to upgrade it. I have never ran an amp at less than 2 ohms so I am trying to make sure I am prepaired for it!

Even though that RF is a bit more than I am wanting to spend I think it is prob my best choice. I've always been in agreance with "you get what you pay for".

As long as the amp is stable at a given ohm load, nothing extra is needed. As in...there isn't something amps wired at 1 ohm need in addition to what an amp wired to 2 ohm would need. You need sufficient wiring and current to make clean stable power.

What battery is under the hood? Have you fused the power wires and ensured a good ground, no loop? I would say, you should be ok to power the T3000 at 1 ohm, but not at full tilt for extended periods of time.

What vehicle out of curiosity? Also, what are the enclosure specs? Do the RF.

Its a 03 blazer. I have one of the stingers under the hood and the other in the rear (just ran in parallel). I was considering an isolator but in my researching it doesn't seem necessary for my application. It took me a while to design the box, I have kids and haul them around so I had to design without folding the rear seats down. The box is 6.33 cubes after all displacement, I was actually real surprised I got that much out of the area I had to work with but I designed it on AutoCAD. Its tuned between 28-29Hz and has a "flared" slot port on it (pretty anxious to see how it sounds!). I am still searching around for a way to finish it, its just rough MDF now. 1" with 2" baffle. I am leaning towards fiberglassing it but have found some good looking epoxy paints that give it a nice look and cost 1/2 what the fiberglass does. Actually the fiberglassing itself is not too expensive but a quality paint and clear coat are much more than I anticipated, didn't realize the clearcoat was soo pricy! I will post my build log on here when a get it complete.

Well..........Kind of what I thought was going to happen. It was too good to be true! Went to buy that RF this morning and guess what.....turned out to be a T2000!!!! The guy told me before that the "beauty plate" was missing but he was positive it was the 3000- I had my doubts and should have trusted my intuition.

I am not sure that the guy was deliberately trying to rip me off but it sure was shady, the serial number stickers had conveniently been "worn off". Well I kind of feel that the PB may be my best option. Its safe and warranty is valid for 2 years! Have absolutely no experience with PB and they look to be slightly overrated but seem to be decently manufactured from my research and viewing some pics of their motherboards. I am also considering going with 2 phoenix gold tantrum 1200's. I have one that I just repaired and they are impressive!!! Bought one and a 13W7 off craigslist for $350 (yeah 350 for both!!!) one of my great CL experiences! High quality amp. Only problem is that they are not strapable so I would have to gain match :{ Don't love the idea of that but Fi support said it should (should) not be an issue. That would be a ton a CLEAN efficient power. Mine put out 1418 watts on my T2 @ 2ohm! One on each coil would be crazy, but for how long? Kind of concerned about doing that plus the cost would be just as high as buying a single considering I was planning on selling it for 200+ and I would have to buy another for 200+ = $400+. Now I'm back to where I started, just have to find that amazing deal......patience grasshopper!

Thanks to everyone for contributing to my 1st post! Appreciate it.

If anyone reads this post and lives in the Memphis area BE CAREFUL purchasing off craigslist. There are a ton of scams out there! I have had some great experiences but have had a surprisingly large number of bad ones; from people trying to rob me to people not showing up or answering there phones after I drove 45 min. accross town!! Some I've gone to purchase something, PS3 for kids, and they didn't show and stopped answering calls after they told me they were right down the road and would be there in a minute!?! Majority of the bad have been in the downtown/campus/orange mound area. Just make sure you ask all the right questions, and then you still can't be sure. I have a ccw and always carry my .45 when I go to meet and always disclose up front that I have a pistol on me (just in case they see it, don't want them to think I'm robbing them). Always meet at Walmart or somewhere with closed circuit TV too, ALWAYS. A few have told me they were drunk and wanted me to come to their house...right....DON'T! Just use your better judgement! Sorry about that rant but be careful no matter where you are. I've never been ripped off and I plan on keeping it that way.

If you tune your box low like that, you can run a RF amp, if you tune higher, you'd better get an adjustable ssf. The RF don't have that; their ssf is set at around 28 hz, IIRC.

Don't focus too much on amp. You won't feel any difference between 2000 and 2500 watts.

the Pioneer doesn't look bad at all.

take a look at db-r.com, you may findgood deals on refurbished amps.

good luck.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Well now I found a Powerbass XA4000d for $300 that is looking pretty good! It is a little beat up cosmetic wise and is missing bass knob but works 100%. I probably don't have enough power to run it wide open but may buy and run @ around 2500-3000 watts. I'm thinking that 300 for that amp is a heck of a price! any suggestions/opinions???

I am going to buy today unless anyone has any reasons why I shouldn't? (here I go just diving into a purchase but it seems reasonable). Suggestions PLEASE?

Happy T-day!

nope, no real reason why you shouldnt.

bummer about that T3000. but so sad that people would try to be so shady. i guess wire down to 4 ohms for now until you can upgrade the electrical and then wire to 1 ohm sounds good. im currently feeding 850 watts per BTL and they still get down and sound great while doing it.

Archived