Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

OK, I have an Fi BTL 18 and have done my research and found a few amps that I wanted to get an opinion on prior to pulling the trigger on any. I am posting the AMP & PRICE because I would like everyone to consider the price when comparing tne models. Basically I am trying to find the most feasible amp that will sound the best on my sub. My sub is dual 2 so they have to be 1 ohm stable. All following are 1ohm ratings:

1. Pioneer Champion Series Amp (PRS-D2000SPL) 2000 RMS...............$250

2. Powerbass XA4000d used/little beat up.............................$300

3. Alphasonik (model ?) 3000 RMS.....................................$200

4. Orion 2500d 2500 RMS.............................................$325

5. Powerbass XA3000d 3000 RMS.......................................$350

These are all amps that I have found relatively close to my area on craigslist and have, unfortunatly, never heard any of these in action. Now I do understand that these amps are all on completely different levels of manufacturing but the price is a factor (i.e. alphasonik)! I really have a budget of ~$350 max. Would consider any other options you may have also. Any assistance anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. I am looking to run it for daily listening purposes. Appreciate it!

Posted

Rockford ftw.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol
Posted

RF. That's a good price too!

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

if the RF is in good condition, that is one hell of a deal for their 3k

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Posted

This order

Best

Rockford T30001bd 3000 RMS.......................................$400

Orion 2500d 2500 RMS.............................................$325

Powerbass XA3000d 3000 RMS.......................................$350

Pioneer Champion Series Amp (PRS-D2000SPL) 2000 RMS...............$250

Alphasonik (model ?) 3000 RMS.....................................$200

Worst

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Posted

I second what Chris said.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

Except if that Orion is one of the new ones, is put that right above the alphasonic amp.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

Rockford or powerbass 3k

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Posted

try to find a used AQ 2200 too used they should be about 300 or less and if the RF works and looks in good condition thats a hell of a deal right there

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 444 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...