Sonic Electronix

Two things matter in wire, the type of metal and the amount of metal in the wire. So it makes no difference if it is 6000000 strands that are really fucking small or 1 big ass strand in DC power. AC power it is completely different ball game.

That's what I was thinking. Cross sectional area of the wire, and the metal used is what counts. More strands just means more flexibility.

So the wire that I posted above is tiny?

Damn...

Yes, there is probably more insulator than actual wire. The OD of the cable will probably be similar to good brands though.

Two things matter in wire, the type of metal and the amount of metal in the wire. So it makes no difference if it is 6000000 strands that are really fucking small or 1 big ass strand in DC power. AC power it is completely different ball game.

Yeah, he isn't using it for AC though.

But yeah, back on topic, it's your money OP, unless you can actually see it to decide if you want to spend your money on it of not you're probably best just getting something better.

Did my point just go right over your head? No kidding he isn't using it for AC, it is car audio forum. I guess you don't get it.

Well, unless he is using 1/0g speaker wire, but I doubt it.

Your point was that it only matters for AC wasn't it? There has been nothing in the way of comparison to a decent brand of wire apart from the strand count, which isn't really a big deal.

Amount of metal that is there was my point, that is what matters for current transfer in either AC/DC, and strand count doesn't matter in DC, it AC it does because of heat and reactive power component VAR. I am probably way over your head now, so I will stop here....

If you actually read every post I made, you would have seen that I said that this stuff probably has a thick as jacket (implying that there would be less metal). So I have said that it most likely has less metal.

I still don't know why you are talking about AC? It has nothing to do with what this cable is going to be used for.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

please continue

Well then....in AC you will normally see EHV(extra high voltage) lines, 500kV the cable is wrapped in bars of aluminum. WHY??? For heat transfer and to help kill the VAR component, in AC you have to vary the size of the strands, they can't all be the same size, you need VARS to move power in AC, in DC you don't need VARS because the current is direct, one way, ie direct current(DC). So the amount of strands doesn't matter, just the size of them you need an XX amount of metal, to transfer XX amount of current, it doesn't matter what size the strands are as long as the combination is equal to the current you need to transfer. If you want more I can lay it down....LOL

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

That's what I was thinking. Cross sectional area of the wire, and the metal used is what counts. More strands just means more flexibility.

Damn...

Yes, there is probably more insulator than actual wire. The OD of the cable will probably be similar to good brands though.

But yeah, back on topic, it's your money OP, unless you can actually see it to decide if you want to spend your money on it of not you're probably best just getting something better.

Did my point just go right over your head? No kidding he isn't using it for AC, it is car audio forum. I guess you don't get it.

Your point was that it only matters for AC wasn't it? There has been nothing in the way of comparison to a decent brand of wire apart from the strand count, which isn't really a big deal.

Amount of metal that is there was my point, that is what matters for current transfer in either AC/DC, and strand count doesn't matter in DC, it AC it does because of heat and reactive power component VAR. I am probably way over your head now, so I will stop here....

If you actually read every post I made, you would have seen that I said that this stuff probably has a thick as jacket (implying that there would be less metal). So I have said that it most likely has less metal.

I still don't know why you are talking about AC? It has nothing to do with what this cable is going to be used for.

I was explaining the relationship and you missed it. Sorry.

2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Please stop acting like you know more than everyone else on this site because you have been posting all day. Its thanksgiving, or at least it was. Happy Thanksgiving!

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Damn...

Yeah, it matters with ac because of something called the skin effect. See google/wikipedia for more info.

Has anyone had experience with this wire?

please continue

Well then....in AC you will normally see EHV(extra high voltage) lines, 500kV the cable is wrapped in bars of aluminum. WHY??? For heat transfer and to help kill the VAR component, in AC you have to vary the size of the strands, they can't all be the same size, you need VARS to move power in AC, in DC you don't need VARS because the current is direct, one way, ie direct current(DC). So the amount of strands doesn't matter, just the size of them you need an XX amount of metal, to transfer XX amount of current, it doesn't matter what size the strands are as long as the combination is equal to the current you need to transfer. If you want more I can lay it down....LOL

please do. this is some good reading material. of course ill follow it up with more research but i like to at least learn one new thing every day.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Damn...

Fair enough.

I was just saying that a long description wasn't really needed. It is very educational though, thanks.

Please stop acting like you know more than everyone else on this site because you have been posting all day. Its thanksgiving, or at least it was. Happy Thanksgiving!

Exactly, TBH, it sounded like he was getting rude.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

how you know that flexability i am scared to find out....

I know what a limp dick feels like...cray.gif

what i was scared of...i know the feeling as well...but hey. i needed that last badge before i graduated from cub scouts :cray:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I don't act like I know everything, if it comes across that way sorry, electrical I understand very well considering I have a BSEE degree and NERC RC certification, I have been in the power industry for several years as a real time operator, so when it comes to electrical stuff I am usually on top of it. It is the way it is. And Happy Thanksgiving to you, I am currently working keeping the lights on, so people can enjoy the benefit of having their lights on. So you are welcome.