Sonic Electronix

nothign wrong with wiring directly from the amp it just takes more wire to do.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

nothign wrong with wiring directly from the amp it just takes more wire to do.

yeah but cutting a wire to fit in the amp is kinda ghetto, that's all I'm saying. and with distributors being so cheap, and add the fact that you would need less of the more expensive stuff and it looks better? seems worth it to me.

i suck men dry...email me for details

Dont listen to whoever is telling you NEED 0 ga,. wire to run 800 watts to ur sub or subs. Im running over 2k watts in my system and only use 2ga. 4ga. will be plenty for a front to rear run for an 800 watt setup I promise you!

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

my speaker amp takes 8 guage.. (will probally use 4guage cut at ends to fit...) so ill probally end up just running the wires straight from the battery to the amps instead of using a distributer block.

Why not run less of the expensive stuff and use a distributor block to branch into the cheaper wire? I mean $5-$50 for a distributor is not much. It will make the system a lot better and it won't be ghetto like you plan on doing it.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing RIGHT

http://picclick.com/Amazon/Electronics-Computers-Photo/Accessories-Supplies/Car-Electronics-Accessories/Amplifier-Installation/Power-Distribution-Components/

The main thing I was worried about was the current draw from the amp and the wires ability to carry the current. I know that the resisitance in the wire plays a big part in its ability to carry current and the lower the distance of travel = lower the resistance. I have a few lengths of 4AWG wire already laying around that I would like to make use of, but even then I will have to use 1/0 guage to get to the distributor block. If im already using the 1/0 for the distributor block, why not just go straight 1/0 to the amp? Then if I do, how would I get my 4guage to the speaker amp? I dont have long enough lengths of 4guage to reach from under the hood to my amp..

What I really want is a distributor block that basically allows me to input 1/0 and output 1/0 and 4awg... that way its just branching off 4guage from the 1/0.. then I would only have to buy one wire size instead of buying 2 guage or whatever..

I want to do it right, but money is an issue.

sorry if this post is confusing.. im a bit scatter brained right now

basically im trying to only buy one type of wire and one distributor block. I already own some lengths of 4AWG. I might have some 8AWG after I strip the existing wires from my trucks system now.. but im not sure since I wasnt the one to wire it.

Ive recieved a few responses that have told me 4AWG to the JJH1200 amp will be ok and some saying that there is a reason it has 1/0 inputs. If the MTX cust. service guy is correct and at most the amp will pull 80 amps then with calculations 4AWG works out.. from what I remember 4AWG can handle a peak of 150 amps.. I was just hoping someone had some previous experience with this. sorry if im being difficult. Im just trying to weigh all of my options

You're 4 gauge will work fine. Your voltage at your amp will be higher at the amp if you use 1/0 gauge. I'm using 1/0 gauge on a Rockford T500, 735rms at 1 ohm but running it at 2 ohms. It never hurts to use bigger wires.

True, I do remember reading about voltage drop. I should, however, only need to use a short-ish length of 4AWG making the resistance low, thus making the voltage drop lower. Its all in the OHMs law.. Im hoping to buy 1/0 and distributing to 2 4AWG or 1x4AWG and 1x8AWG. I just think its too much to wire 2 different wires from battery to amps because my 4AWG lengths wont run that far. I could extend them by using a fuse a junction for two lengths of 4awg wire but that wouldnt put the fuse as close to the power source as recomended

Run 1/0 from the batt back into a fused distro, then 4 gauge to each amp. The shorter you can keep the runs of 4 gauge the better. Add up the total fusing of the amps and thats the size you put under the hood 12 or so inches from the batt. This will let you to in the future change subs and amps and have the power you need already there.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Run 1/0 from the batt back into a fused distro, then 4 gauge to each amp. The shorter you can keep the runs of 4 gauge the better. Add up the total fusing of the amps and thats the size you put under the hood 12 or so inches from the batt. This will let you to in the future change subs and amps and have the power you need already there.

exactly what i did. 0 guage at near the amp i ran a fused distro to mybxi 1610 that only accepted 4g