Shaving the ash tray.

I'm planning on painting this bezel later and i want to shave the ash try. What is the best way to brace the open area? Should I use another piece of plastic to fill in the hole? Glue it or use a plastic welder? Or should I use fiberglass mat? I've done a little bit of fiberglass but not much. Thanks for the help!

s2e32r.jpg

Cut a piece of abs plastic to fit then fill up the gaps with flex filler its made for that kinda stuff. Meade used it in his dash build for the hoe and chickens caddy cant remember the brand name maybe look in those build logs. Its good stuff i have used it as well

its from urethane supply

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Any more tips on if I can use wood or metal to fill in the hole?

I dont see why wood wouldn't work. just make sure to tear up that plastic nicely so you get good adhesion with glass. if you can, apply it from the backside so you dont have to smooth much of it out...but it sounds like you want to use the lip to place the piece into.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco