I dynamatted my cab vents lol.

I'm guessing they vent behind the back seat? If so, I know what I'm doing Saturday afternoon.. haha.

2012 Ford F150 XLT CrewCab w/ 3.5L EcoBoost V6

- Livernois Motorsports 93 Octane Performance Tune

- 6000k HIDs Hi/Lo + Fogs

- 5% Tint all around w/ 7" Brow (50% windshield soon)

- 6" BDS Suspension Lift + 2" Leveling Kit

- 35x12.50 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

- 20" Chrome Ballistic Jester Wheels

- 4" Heartthrob Exhaust

- Airraid Cold Air Intake

- Pioneer AVH-P4400BT

- 2x Sundown SA 10s in under-seat ported enclosure. (ports+subs forward)

- Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP (T400-4 soon)

- Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 Components

I dynamatted my cab vents lol.

me too. lol optional

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Welcome to the forum bro! Nice build too! Dont worry its not 18s n 20 giggawatts...everyone starts somewhere and not everyone wants big systems. Hell my first setup was a pair of Pioneer IMPP 8s and a Sony 222w amp! Just keep saving up your money and do your best to learn and educate yourself from this forum. There's A LOT of very smart guys on here.

Anyways, enjoy the forum!

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

thanks everyone i read everything with a smile on my face knowing i did right.

as for the vents yes i do. its the only thing that rattles on my truck and i hate them. i ran 2 4 inch lag bolts through the box into the back of the truck on the frame for the seats. it doesn't go outside i promise. but yea so i cant just "take it out" it weights prob 80-100 pounds so its impossible to get out by myself. i meant to cover them up with like 39 layers of duck tape. but of course when i was doing it, it was super bowl sunday lol. had to get inside before it started to snow so i could watch the game. of course i forgot. but its not all that bad since its not 30k watts.

How hard was it to take off the rear of the seat? I wonder if it'd be any different in a '99. And do you have those flaps that make noise to all hell between the bed and cab? If so, can you seal them off with the rear of the seat out?

Happen to have a guide to removing it? Or did you just figure it out? I'm sure it's easy, I just never felt like actually removing mine, hah.

Looks great, although how about some pics with the seats back? Thinking about doing a similar build in my truck for my 15's.. and I think you just convinced me. :)

well idk about the 99s but i do know they run similar stuff. if you life the seats up in the back just fold them forwards. there is like 10 screws on each seat. the small and large come off separate. then under the flap on the backrest part there are two big screws. i used a socket with an elbow. easy money unless you lose the screws and stuff. i will never be able to put them back in unless i can find some makeshift holders. the backrest just lifts off like the door panels do just up up and away. then you have a flat surface to hold stuff. a 6 inch space for whatever and i bought a rubber pad that's made for setting workout equipment on from wallyworld for 20 bucks and cut it to fit and stacked like 6 layers on the frame. that metal frame is 55 by 12 if i remember right but you can go as far as 20 inches out at the top if your not super tall. no vibrations from the metal to wood with some bass. just when you pull the seat off you will see the frame for the backrest just cover that in something too so no metal touches. you will know when you see. a box at 55 inches wide has like 3 inches of clearance on both sides. perfect fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...