Sonic Electronix

If anyone could give me some feedback I would appreciate it. I just purchased (1) JL Audio 15" subwoofer. And a 700w CRUNCH Ground Pounder 2 Ch. Amp (SVC). Was wondering what was the best way to hook it up. Here are the specs. Please let me know asap. Thinking about getting a capacitor. Im running Kicker 4 gauge wiring kit with an Alpine CDA-9886 deck. I will be using a single ported Ground Shaker box.

15W0V2-4 - JL Audio 15" 4-ohm W0v2. Series Subwoofer •15" 4-ohm subwoofer

•polypropylene cone with foam surround

•power range: 100-500 watts RMS

•peak power handling: 800 watts

•frequency response: 20-200 Hz

•sensitivity: 88.2 dB

•Ground Pounder Series 2-Channel Amplifier

•RMS Power Rating:

◦4 ohms: 87.5 watts x 2 chan.

◦2 ohms: 175 watts x 2 chan.

◦Bridged, 4 ohms: 350 watts x 1 chan.

•Dynamic (Peak) Power Rating:

◦4 ohms: 175 watts x 2 chan.

◦2 ohms: 350 watts x 2 chan.

◦Bridged, 4 ohms: 700 watts x 1 chan.

•Max power output: 700 watts

C Webbie~GO HUSKERS!

First off I'd send that amplifier back, you want MONOblocks for subwoofer and multiple channels for door speakers etc. I'd also suggest building a box, but since you're only running this then that might be a waste of time/money depending on how much your prefab will cost. Problem is that subwoofer is Single 4 OHM @ 500RMS and that amplifier doesn't even do 400RMS bridged @ 4OHM. Then again I guess that's all you have for choices. Id just suggest a bigger amplifier that does 500RMS @ 4OHM true power maybe Alpine or AudioPipe or Hifonics?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

We ran 2ch amps bridged for years fine with no problems plus he already said he has it so it'll be fine for the time being bridged at 4ohm. if he wants to he can run a pair of speakers and also a sub on the amp.

run one set of wires from terminal to terminal on the sub then bridge it on the amp or just put it on one channel? or a neg from one side of sub and positive from the other side of sub bridged or unbridged...i guess thats what im trying to get at. my brother just blew up a 18" RE from hooking up wrong...trying to avoid that lol

C Webbie~GO HUSKERS!

Posititve amp on positive sub and negative amp and negative sub, you'll notice that you'll be using the outside connections on the amp that are printed + -.

If you look at the amp under the screws it will say bridged and have lines to the outer terminals, you use those terminals hooking the sub up.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posititve amp on positive sub and negative amp and negative sub, you'll notice that you'll be using the outside connections on the amp that are printed + -.

If you look at the amp under the screws it will say bridged and have lines to the outer terminals, you use those terminals hooking the sub up.

Ok, bridge the sub and make it 4 ohm to the amp. Got that. What I want to know is how to wire the sub in the box. There should be (2) +/- terminals on the sub itself.

+ -------- +

- -------- - if your looking at the sub magnet UP. or just run off one set of terminals on the sub?

^wires^

C Webbie~GO HUSKERS!

First off I'd send that amplifier back, you want MONOblocks for subwoofer and multiple channels for door speakers etc. I'd also suggest building a box, but since you're only running this then that might be a waste of time/money depending on how much your prefab will cost. Problem is that subwoofer is Single 4 OHM @ 500RMS and that amplifier doesn't even do 400RMS bridged @ 4OHM. Then again I guess that's all you have for choices. Id just suggest a bigger amplifier that does 500RMS @ 4OHM true power maybe Alpine or AudioPipe or Hifonics?

Who says you can't use a 2 channel amp for subs? I know wiring options are simpler with monoblocks but aside from that they work just fine.

350 watts is fine for that sub, 500 watts is the max RMS you will want to give it.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Ok, bridge the sub and make it 4 ohm to the amp. Got that. What I want to know is how to wire the sub in the box. There should be (2) +/- terminals on the sub itself.

+ -------- +

- -------- - if your looking at the sub magnet UP. or just run off one set of terminals on the sub?

^wires^

Pretty sure your sub is a SVC.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69