Sonic Electronix

Can 1 SMD 18 on 4000watts do a hairtrick?

i have 1 18" SMD/AA being powered by a Rockford Fosgate T4000bd. i wanna be able to do a decent hair trick but i found out my box is tuned really high.

for power i have

2 yellow tops

1 xs

270xp dc power alternator

0 gauge wire

dynamated entire jeep + roof with Dynaliner

i think my box is tuned to 40hertz or higher. it hit 145.6db @ 46hertz

if someone can help me determine what i have to change, it will be really appreciated.

if its power im kinda thinking about getting 2 rf t2500s, so the subs getting 5000watts i know this subs a beast because it can take a good pounding and the cone never gets hot.

if its the box please let me know how many hertz it has to be 27herts? 30?

and if u wanna get a visual idea of how everything looks

Thank you

tune that bish low and put her in a bigger box

how low and right now its in a 7 cubic box

No to sound like a smartass, but I'll answer your question with another question. Can you feel the air blowing around in your truck? I've never done one, but I'd imagine that what it's about. In a jeep, I'd do 6 10"s on that 4K. That would probably be hell.

I fail at reading, you already have the 18".

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

^ I had a box planned for 2 12's in around 3 cubic ft. I came across this vid and im totally redoing it. I bought this guys design from him. 5.25 cubes with 2 6" aeros. yes, thats 2 12's.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

^ I had a box planned for 2 12's in around 3 cubic ft. I came across this vid and im totally redoing it. I bought this guys design from him. 5.25 cubes with 2 6" aeros. yes, thats 2 12's.

so do round ports work better then square ports?

That video has a big ass wow factor

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

not the guy to answer that one for ya lol. But id say so. Ask kranny or skittles. they know everything

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

No to sound like a smartass, but I'll answer your question with another question. Can you feel the air blowing around in your truck? I've never done one, but I'd imagine that what it's about. In a jeep, I'd do 6 10"s on that 4K. That would probably be hell.

I fail at reading, you already have the 18".

yah like if i have it playing and open the window i can feel air but not alot so im guessing its something to do with the box (7cubic). plus the lows don't hit that well so thats another reason that has me believing its the box

im sorry but you should be doign higher then a 145.6 with that much power.

If you want to do a decent hairtrick now no one beside someone who owns the exactl vehicle you have will be able to tell you but my suggestion is either port back sub up or port and sub back. either way i'd have the port along the bottom with about 15-18 sq inches of port per cube with about 6-6.5 cubes

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived