Cablguy's 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Audio Technix for the Head Liner is on its way ... Awesome !!!

Now I've got to go get some Head Liner material so I can get this job done soon ...

how much did you need to do the roof and doors and back wall i just ordered a bunch from audio technix too.

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

Some misc. pics of "White Lightning" and Audio Technix ...

Right (passenger) door ...

26203464085_large.jpg

Very late getting done with this one ... started on driver door the next day ...

Curiosity, since this kinda reminds me of insulation you'd use for home audio for better acoustics, how well does it do on your doors sound quality wise? Knowing you are basically the SQ expert here.

just went thru 9 pages of your build. i dont know how i havent looked at this build before but you have helped me out. i really enjoy looking at what youve done to this truck. so in this pic would this also work well on the back ball behind my box. i have like a 3/4 in gap between box and wall of my truck. and who do i need to contact about blues audio and where is the tweet in the door. did i miss it?

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Some misc. pics of "White Lightning" and Audio Technix ...

Right (passenger) door ...

26203464085_large.jpg

Very late getting done with this one ... started on driver door the next day ...

Curiosity, since this kinda reminds me of insulation you'd use for home audio for better acoustics, how well does it do on your doors sound quality wise? Knowing you are basically the SQ expert here.

just went thru 9 pages of your build. i dont know how i havent looked at this build before but you have helped me out. i really enjoy looking at what youve done to this truck. so in this pic would this also work well on the back ball behind my box. i have like a 3/4 in gap between box and wall of my truck. and who do i need to contact about blues audio and where is the tweet in the door. did i miss it?

Tweeter is on the a-pillar

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

how much did you need to do the roof and doors and back wall i just ordered a bunch from audio technix too.

There is about 100 sq feet in my truck as of now ... and just ordered 25 sq feet more for the head liner ...

Can you say Quiet noise floor ???

Thank you for checking out my truck Sir ... I have this material behind EVERY pannel in my truck along with the deadner ... So Yes, I believe it would help ...

And my tweeters are in my A-pillars ...

26203464116_large.jpg

26203464117_large.jpg

www.linearpower.com and www.bluescaraudio.com

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I don't think I've ever commented either Randal. I never knew your tweets were off-axis. They kinda fire at the windshield?

Thanks bro ...

Most people position their tweeters so their music only sounds great for a "one seat" judging competition ... NOT FOR ME ...

I like things set up to where the system sounds great for both the passenger and the driver ... mainly because my wife drives when we go places so I can control the music ... LOL

installing tweeters straight on to the listener will be too harsh on the listener when listening to music for longer periods of time and takes alot of time alignment and processing to sound correctly for staging and imaging ... Installing it this way automatically throws the stage and image up and out on the hood and gives a wide stage presence at the same time with little to no time alignment and processing, plus gives you ultimate left and right separation (sence of stage width being beyond the mirrors) ... Then adding that low tuned 5.25 up on the dash for a center channel makes a great movie experience while traveling to your favorite location ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Small update ... Took out the rear battery bank (three Alpha jell cell batteries) and reconfigured the wiring to the amp rack (located under the rear seat) ...

Didn't seem to hurt the electrical any, considering Ive had it set up overkill all this time ... Every thing seems to be working fine with the new amplifiers ...

That unloaded over 300 pounds of weight out of the bed of my truck !!! better ride and seems to be a tad better on gas mileage !!! This needed to be done !!!

If the truck needs the extra batteries, I may need to come up with something better than the way I had it 4 sure !!! maybe a frame mounted battery bank or something ???

Yep, we decided to make It a full 5.1 surround sound system when we added the Kenwood DNX9980HD head unit ...

We watch more movies in it rather than listen to music here lately ... Makes for GREAT demos too ...

Archived