Sooo me like a dumbass i accidentally poured power steering fluid into my brake resvoir, I wanted to know if its bad and what should I do? I would really appreciate the advice. I didn't pour a whole lot but still. Thanx

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Sooo me like a dumbass i accidentally poured power steering fluid into my brake resvoir, I wanted to know if its bad and what should I do? I would really appreciate the advice. I didn't pour a whole lot but still. Thanx

if you having pumped the brakes yet its not in your lines :) so what you could do is suck all the fluid out with like a turkey baster or something like that and replace it with new. other then that i think you would have to drain whole system lines and all, i'd just sucks out whats there and replace it with new, that way even if there some still in there its not much. in all my years of working on cars and semi's i never ran into this so not 100% sure if it will be a big problems but. if was me i'd do like i said then just drive careful keeping close eye on how the brakes feel.

Open the bleeder on the MC and bleed it out... Thats as long as you havent driven it yet...

Thanks boiler, but damn man I fucked up I drove it already sooo now what I'm I screwed

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

17" gold bbs

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Thanks guys but the thing is I drove it already to work which is like 2 miles away from my house and it Sunday and all the auto shops are closed? Should I wait till tommorrow and drive it to a shop? Stupid lil mistake is going to cost me alot I think FML

Build Log

17" gold bbs

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Open the bleeder on the MC and bleed it out... Thats as long as you havent driven it yet...

Thanks boiler, but damn man I fucked up I drove it already sooo now what I'm I screwed

Dude, park it, and you have some work ahead of you, or you may have serious consequences... Park it, go and buy a couple gallons of denatured alcohol, and bleed/clean the entire system thouroghly...

Can I get that alcohol at any auto store? Its parked right now since I'm at work but I will flush it and bleed it hopefully doesnt fuck up Tue braking system already.

Build Log

17" gold bbs

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Suck everything you can out of the resovoir and open the bleader on you rear passenger brake caliper and pump the brakes till it's all outm then refill the resovoir with the proper fluid and bleed out all the brakes starting from the furthist from the resovoir working your way to the driver side front.

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

you might end up having to buy a new master cylinder. power steering fluid makes anything rubber (hoses, gaskets, o-rings) expand,so your master might start to not work right because all the o-rings inside are out of place and stuff. there for like a bunch of people said, take it out with a baster type of tool. DO NOT BLEED ALL OF IT THROUGH THE SYSTEM!!! your rubber hoses at each wheel have not been exposed to it yet. and do not use ANY other type of fluid in the system. do not flush any kind of alcohol through it or anything else. you should really take the lines off the master and and drain the whole master and then flush new brake fluid through until you dont see power steering fluid any more or you run out of the bottle. then attach all the lines again and bleed the whole system to make sure no air is in it. but make sure you bleed a lot of fluid through just to make sure no more power steering fluid is in it. but dont freak out or anything power steering fluid is very similar to brake fluid and will work the same way. it just fucks up rubber. it might be a few months before anything even happens from it but if its left there shit will get fucked