Sonic Electronix

Dynamat vs FatMat vs Peel & Seal

Go with Second Skin or maybe Rammat.

I have peal and seal in my doors of my truck, I was gave 5 rolls. That's why I used it. I didn't smell anything but my nose isn't the best. It stuck very well. And I've used SS D.Pro. It was A LOT ticker than just one layer of peal and seal. Peal and Seal can be found locally and bought there, sometimes that's a plus for some.

lol ok now i want to go to chat to find out why TDH members are ass holes. (boilermaker's words not mine)

sounddeadenershowdown has a great write up on most of the deadeners. secondskin is great, like everyone has already said. i usually just buy a small pack of stinger dampener from darvex with some other order. its a little thinner but not tar based so its fine for little problem areas.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I find it funny maxim is talking about high horses and being mean to new people...I can think of three different threads started by complete noobs who you just laughed at.

And I think boiler and others may have some rough edges but don't he does bring a good point.

Not to mention a subject covered multiple times weekly I can understand the annoyance. Especially if he's already read threads but felt they were wastes of time.

I have used secondskin and if you don't care about price, then get it. And use, the thickness of the deadener is important. I've used edead and fatmat and both are great. But two to three layers really barely compare to one layer of quality deadner. If you feel like you want to be cheap, then be cheap. Deadener is one of the most overlooked but expensive and essential upgrades for quality control. I have used rattletrap and am impressed the most with it.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

After careful consideration, I've noticed that the most expensive is Dynamat. Then up is Peel & Seal, and the cheapest is FatMat. But which of these works the best? I've heard rumors, and horror stories about smells, peeling, etc. I just want to know yall'z personal experience with these products.

You should use the search button... This has been discussed a million and 1 times...

Well instead of being a smartass about it, why can't u just tell me your opinion?

My opinion is you are lazy. Not only are you lazy, you probably still live with your parents and your Mom still washes your underews... Which is why you cant get on the computer (you're already on the site) and use THE FUCKING SEARCH BUTTON!!!

Is this kid stupid or what? thickness is what you need, not layers why spend x amount on shitty deadening and a ton over layers when you could save x amount on something that will work with 1 layer, I mean come one you have two type r's your not doing to much damage,

This is uncalled for guys... I understand that there is a search button but as several people stated... sometimes it is hard to find an answer...

Just plain insulting someone because they are new to the forums is wrong...

If it happens again guys... I am gonna give someone a vacation...

Just be nice... please? :santa:

I find it funny maxim is talking about high horses and being mean to new people...I can think of three different threads started by complete noobs who you just laughed at.

And I think boiler and others may have some rough edges but don't he does bring a good point.

Not to mention a subject covered multiple times weekly I can understand the annoyance. Especially if he's already read threads but felt they were wastes of time.

I have used secondskin and if you don't care about price, then get it. And use, the thickness of the deadener is important. I've used edead and fatmat and both are great. But two to three layers really barely compare to one layer of quality deadner. If you feel like you want to be cheap, then be cheap. Deadener is one of the most overlooked but expensive and essential upgrades for quality control. I have used rattletrap and am impressed the most with it.

thanks...i appreciate your opinion...ill try rattletrap. But as for boilermaker, i feel like if he thought my thread was an annoyance, then he shouldve just overlooked it instead of opening it and being an ass about it.

mivtCK.png

Well... in my opinion I think that if it is a thread that has been answered and it annoys someone... maybe that person shouldn't read that post or comment because there are tons of people on here that have not... The site is large bro...

and to comment on this...

I have used dynamat... phatmat and peel n seel... I like the price of peel n seel and it doesn't smell that bad... after a day or two the last vehicle I did in it... the smell went away...

People just like to be dummys, They think because They have 3000 posts they know it all lol.

They all work but you get what you pay for. 1 layer of second skin would be like 3 or 4 of Peel n seal.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

im using dynomat extreme and fatmat rattletrap and i like the fatmat rattletrap better. just like all the other brands second skin dynomat fatmat it depends on which thickness you use. the fatmatt is gd and doesnt smell. alot of people are brand whores. just cuz one guy uses it doesnt mean its the best. rattletrap and damplifier pro are the same thickness and most of the time its made in the same place.

Well... in my opinion I think that if it is a thread that has been answered and it annoys someone... maybe that person shouldn't read that post or comment because there are tons of people on here that have not... The site is large bro...

and to comment on this...

I have used dynamat... phatmat and peel n seel... I like the price of peel n seel and it doesn't smell that bad... after a day or two the last vehicle I did in it... the smell went away...

Logical yes...but pretty hard I think for people who are in this site every day...like myself.

Maybe a very well organized thread should be created explaining some of the differences, prices, valid opinions, factual knowledge, and maybe some evidence to show performance and then stickied. That should help the search function and then give a good spot for great information.

Which leads me off topic but I tried referring someone to neos sticky and can't find it... =/

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived