Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I get so sick of that on here... The worst for me is seeing the guy that says " hey, I have a 1500 watt amp, do I need a HO alt", and you get 13 people telling him yes and 4 batteries... That shit pisses me off...

Amen bro

1500 watts, shit that is 3 HO alts. Probably 15 runs of each + and - 0g.

What... are you stupid???? It would take at least 6 320 amp alts and at least 20 batteries... dam n00bs....

sorry, my math was off. BUT....it would be 7 320 amp alts if you play your system at night AND plan to use your headlights.

n00b... LOL! Don't forget that it would help to spread a little SPL dust around if you plan on playing at night...

tech you gotta admit for my lil set up i wowed a few peeps.

Yeah... it does great for what it is! U need to enter a couple comps...

there will be 2 that i know of close by me in march.

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Posted

I'll share one more bit of insight before leaving this thread alone.

If someone posts and "search" is the response it may not be too helpful, but at least the person knows the information has been covered and is in a thread.

If someone wastes their time to post "search" all it does is bring that thread back to the top, giving more attention to the question, thus raising the chances of someone helpful seeing it.

A helpful person telling you why he will not help is sound advice. It tells you how to frame your questions with at least some research into the subject so as to gain as much help as needed.

Good luck

You just brought up a really good point... I have seen threads that I didn't know the answer to and knew for a fact that it has been covered before and I have stated that and told that person to search for it...

I guess a lot of it is in how someone says it... I know it is easy to take something typed out of context of how it was meant...

Like if someone was to state "A capacitor is not good for a system because it robs power from the alt to charge" and if I didn't know that and I said "Oh really" well, that could be taken as being rude and sarcastic when I actually meant "Oh really" (as in I didn't know that and you just taught me something" I have had shit like that happen before and I know most of you guys had as well...

Posted

I'll share one more bit of insight before leaving this thread alone.

If someone posts and "search" is the response it may not be too helpful, but at least the person knows the information has been covered and is in a thread.

If someone wastes their time to post "search" all it does is bring that thread back to the top, giving more attention to the question, thus raising the chances of someone helpful seeing it.

A helpful person telling you why he will not help is sound advice. It tells you how to frame your questions with at least some research into the subject so as to gain as much help as needed.

Good luck

Agreed, search is a valuable answer, it lets the person know there is information on the subject to be found here. Use the search noob, idiot, fucktard also lets them know this, but is insulting.

It is a free bump, for someone else to read! (never thought of that myself)

I totally agree with the last part. If you have a question, at least have enough knowledge to know how to ask a question. Or at least what questions SHOULD be asked. You can't expect people to help you if YOU have no idea what you want or need.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

I did make an elaborate pic showing where the report button is, but its not showing up write so......its all the way to the left of where you click "delete,edit,reply,multiquote"

You click it then you fill out a little box, for the reasoning of reporting the post, then it gets sent to the mods of the section.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted

Well let me add my .02 into this.

The sad fact is that there is a growing number of people who think because they have seen something done that they too also know how it is done. When if fact they don"t know their ass from a hole in the ground. It's sad to see and, often times I find it is better if I don't waste my time trying to argue with a internet retard then it is to post and correct the issue. I'm sorry if this comes across harsh but it's a growing issue and I just don't see my time spent trying to correct someone one who doesn't know shit from shit.

I have no issue trying to help someone, however I am not going to spend all day in one thread trying to correct the stupid

Bill, these are the exact people I was referring to....that's when I turn into a douche. If you don't know something STFU and LISTEN...it's not that hard. we won't think any less of you for wanting to learn. We only think less of you for talking out of your ass and refusing to learn

ignorance is not knowing

stupidity is not knowing and not wanting to listen to someone who does

I'm fuckin tellin ya Jay,

I wished I had the resource of the internet when I started out. I mean FUCK everything you could possibly need to get a solid basic systems out on the net step by step. Yet these little fuckers are too lazy to read up .

It pisses me off to no end when someone won't read every possible thing about what they don't know about before they open their damn mouth and ask because they are too lazy to read.

I mean hell, I have been a member of a DIY CNC forum for about a year now and have plenty of questions about my project yet I search and read up and get every question answered without ever posting.

People are just trying to be a part of something and get feedback,what's wrong with that? Also this is a community,if it wasn't for people supporting this forum asking questions,there would be no forum. Why can't people have a resource to ask real people questions? Just think of a teacher that get's asked the same thing over and over,some people need things explained in different ways for it to click. I have seen plenty of things on the internet that are contradictory,it's good to know you can ask actual people that have successfully accomplished a goal similar to one you may have,instead of some generic answer from some random web page. Also,on a forum you can get different opinions and come to the right conclusion. 95% of the guys on here just nuthug anyway,so why not take some time to actually help someone?

Posted

there is an advanced search button right next to the search part... you can choose what selection you want to custom search in it at...

Actually you are better off using Google. "site:http://stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ stuff i want to seach here"

I wished I had the resource of the internet when I started out. I mean FUCK everything you could possibly need to get a solid basic systems out on the net step by step. Yet these little fuckers are too lazy to read up .

It pisses me off to no end when someone won't read every possible thing about what they don't know about before they open their damn mouth and ask because they are too lazy to read.

When I started out here I didn't ask a thing. I've been out of car audio since the 90's (back then all I did was read about car audio and did installs from 15-22) and spent months learning what is what these days. If you were to look at threads I've started they are pretty serious because everything else I could find on my own.

If you think car audio is easier now you should see IT. It honestly makes me laugh because back when I started out people actually had to know things ;)

and i'm here to learn. i can understand the peeps that do ask dumb questions. but there are guys like me that just want a opinion with out being called a dumb ass or a fuck tard. i mean i seen a thread where a guy asked which would be better FI or DC to me thats a honest question.

...and those kinds of questions are not allowed here for a reason. They are both good subs and that is the response you will get. outside of that it just starts fights between huggers. This is how forums work and it's the nature of them.

One thing I learned in the IT business what I may think of as second nature or just know on the top of my head is totally unknown to someone else. You wouldn't be in business long if someone asked you for help and you insulted that person asking for help and made them feel like a retard...

Since when do people on the forum pay you? ;) I've been in IT for 15 years and I don't waste my time explaining shit to people that won't understand it. If I'm asked "would you go with a WD or Seagate drive?" I would say "It doesn't matter" because the truth is it doesn't. People's personal opinions are always bias. If you are in IT I would think you should definitely know this from reading reviews for years on end. How about people who rate an item with 1 star because it was DOA or 5 stars because it's cool?

twisted believe it or not i try to learn from you and your vids. you know more than i do so does boiler i just wanna better my self when it comes to car audio. so for in my town people were talken shit bout my set up. til they heard it. if it wasnt for you guys here i wouldnt of learned what i did and shut their mouths

Then read, don't speak. Look man I'll be completely honest with you. I know some of the threads you are talking about and you know what the stink of it is? The people that are answering the questions often times, no most of the time shouldn't be. All those threads do is expand upon and reaffirm misinformation. If you take the time to do research that will not happen and it doesn't matter what you think that is the kind of response you will get because you are making a mistake by not researching the answer.

One of my favorite examples of mass misinformation is using a DMM to set gains. Sure go for it, it's wrong, it doesn't work, and is a complete waste of time yet I've seen some of the people posting in this thread suggest it. Those are the people answering your questions.

Opinion threads are worthless and only exist to start fights.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 362 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...