corteznewbie Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 from time to time i cruz the threads to keep up on my knowledge. then i'll come across a opinion thread and there's always some one acten like a know it all or belittling some one. isn't this forum here for every one to learn something new and help out a fellow bass head? and if some one wants another members opinion they bark off use the search button. hows that getting a opinion? or they start belittling a new member thats messed up. Team DBs (Driven By sound)
Guest Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 When you have been around here as long as I have, you get to see many many multiple threads asking the same exact thing. Hence where the use the search button came about.
ryderonthestorm Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 Yea I have seen plenty of that on the board. Its kind of ridiculous to me. We were all noobs at one point in our lives. I pretty much learned everything I know about car audio from the internet, youtube, SMD, etc...and by asking questions on boards like this one. I would never belittle anybody for asking a question about car audio on a car audio site. No question is stupid. We all werent born with the knowledge of installing all this stuff, although some people sure act like they were by the way they treat people. In my opinion treat people the way you want to be treated and if you dont have any advice or genuine opinions on whatever topic that is being discussed then dont post anything at all. Its takes more energy to be a dick then to give good advice. 1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series DC Power 270 Amp Alt Big 3 Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire XS Power D6500 XS Power D3100 Pioneer Headunit JBL Mids and Highs Rockford Fosgate 400.4 3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms American Bass 150.1
LoudNLow931 Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 When you have been around here as long as I have, you get to see many many multiple threads asking the same exact thing. Hence where the use the search button came about. So ignore the thread rather than post something stupid just to raise your post count and try to act cool. 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins 4 FT1s C1600.2 8 PWX 8s ONX2.100 Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener My Youtube Feedback
AMI CUSTOMS Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 The thing I see and with car audio it is just this way, everyone seems to think they are an expert, until you hit them with some truth. And I know personally I can come off that way to people on a forum, you just have to be checked by others who want the best for the forum, I love it and live it, so enjoy it and make it enjoyable for others!!! TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
Team_DC-Derrick Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 if there is a answer that is needed RIGHT now, I can see posting up a question, but when its shit like *will 4 SMD 18s be good in my tahoe on 8 RF2500s? kinda shit that gets posted ALLLLL THE FUCKING TIME use the fucking search button... if some one NEEDS HELP RIGHT NOW, people will help them... if they are LAZY FUCKS like 99% of the newer people are... we tell them to use the search button, if they are 2 lazy to look up an answer for a question on something they MIGHT NOT even do, then why should we waste our time trying to help them? The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
corteznewbie Posted December 15, 2010 Author Report Posted December 15, 2010 then we need a opinion's thread. or yet a just use the search thread. they call it a opinion for a reason. the search button doesn't solve every problem. for example ami whats YOUR OPINION on super low bass? Team DBs (Driven By sound)
Superjay Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 I grew up in this industry. My best friend's dad was a VP at VSE (Derringer alarms...most of you are WAY too young to remember them) and I learned how to wire an alarm when I was 11...way back in 1987. I figured out how to make an alarm do remote start with a few relays and a transistor when I was 13. I started installing professionally when I was 14. I have been doing this professionally over 20 years. I learned by trial and error, watching the greats of my time (Mike Vu, Chris Yato, Steve Brown, Scott Buwalda...so many more) by going to shows and reading about their installs in magazines like Car Audio and Electronics, Auto Sound and Security and others. When I was learning I kept my eyes open and my mouth shut. And still, after 25 years of doing this, I still learn something everyday. I have built some incredible systems...I have also burned cars to the ground because I THOUGHT I knew, and didn't ask. I see a lot of people on all kinds of sites talking out of their asses because they know just enough to be dangerous. Just enough to think they know what they're talking about. I do my best to educate the uninformed. When the uninformed don't listen I'll turn into a douche...it's just in my nature. If I know the answer to your question, I'll answer it. If I don't, I'll watch and wait for the right answer to show up...then I'll research to verify it is correct. You won't see me talking out of my ass because I feel, at this point in my career, it's part of my job to educate the new generation...and I take pride in being able to do that. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
n8ball2013 Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 I try to help. until its obvious someone isnt listening or has no idea what they are doing. I come with a disclaimer that my knowledge will not help you blow up your shit. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Team_DC-Derrick Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 thats why they created PMs, if you want 1 specific persons opinion you can PM them.... The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.