Sonic Electronix

Hooked it all up, but dissappointed...

The only disadvantage is cost and inefficiency per watt... more apparent when larger power is needed.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

The only disadvantage is cost and inefficiency per watt... more apparent when larger power is needed.

that and mono block offers simpler wiring options, but I really just wanted to know why of all the things that could be causing problems with the set up, that being a 4 channel was even mentioned.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Nope. Lol. Just using that amp for subs only. And its only gonna be till december 25th. Then im switching to a AP15001D

wait so you dont want to blow your woofers running that small xplod 4 channel, but you are going to get a 1500rms amplifier...how does that make sense?

Nope. Lol. Just using that amp for subs only. And its only gonna be till december 25th. Then im switching to a AP15001D

wait so you dont want to blow your woofers running that small xplod 4 channel, but you are going to get a 1500rms amplifier...how does that make sense?

If he is running that on his American Bass 12 they are 1000 watts rms.American Bass XFL 12

lol

They'l still be underpowered.

I guess he meant blowing woofers by clipping.

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

^^this^^

Are you gonna sell the Sony?

Have you ever looked into Audioque?

AudioQue

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Holly Double post batman.

:sorry:

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

^^this^^

Are you gonna sell the Sony?

Have you ever looked into Audioque?

AudioQue

ive definitely looked into audioque, and im going to get the AQ2200D later on. probably when i graduate. reason im going with the AP15001d is because its cheap, fits in my christmas wish list budget, and ive heard quite a bit of good about it. Also, today after school, i wired each sub in parallel and connected each sub to its own channel. it was putting out sound, but it was cutting out every half second. its hard to explain. which helps me come to my conclusion that the xplod is probably shot. so im just going to wait till christmas. im tired of dealing with second hand equipment and want to start using brand new equipment. this time so i know whether somethings not working right or its the installer (me) instead. so im ditching everything ive got except for my xfls and waiting till christmas. then i should be happy if everything goes right. also, to elaborate on the current sony xplod amp, it has been THROUGH HELL AND BACK. i am not joking. its been in 5+ cars, mounted a thousand times, and in my friends car, when i pulled it out, it was covered in frost and ice. i am pretty positive its the amp. theres no other explanation about it.

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

ive definitely looked into audioque, and im going to get the AQ2200D later on. probably when i graduate. reason im going with the AP15001d is because its cheap, fits in my christmas wish list budget, and ive heard quite a bit of good about it. Also, today after school, i wired each sub in parallel and connected each sub to its own channel. it was putting out sound, but it was cutting out every half second. its hard to explain. which helps me come to my conclusion that the xplod is probably shot. so im just going to wait till christmas. im tired of dealing with second hand equipment and want to start using brand new equipment. this time so i know whether somethings not working right or its the installer (me) instead. so im ditching everything ive got except for my xfls and waiting till christmas. then i should be happy if everything goes right. also, to elaborate on the current sony xplod amp, it has been THROUGH HELL AND BACK. i am not joking. its been in 5+ cars, mounted a thousand times, and in my friends car, when i pulled it out, it was covered in frost and ice. i am pretty positive its the amp. theres no other explanation about it.

you are wiring the amp in 1 ohm stereo on all channels (2 ohms bridged) the way you are doing it. the reason the amp is cutting out is because that thing can only support 2 ohm stereo. its user error, not mechanical error.

Archived