When hookin up the alts do I put a power wire from each to the battery and one connecting the alts also? Or just one wire from each alt to the battery

Hella noob question sorry lol

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I just ran a power from each alt to the battery. Im not sure if you can run one from alt to alt then to the battery. Hope that helps.

1998 GMC Jimmy

*4 15" Kicker CVRs

*2 Kole PH1-4000ds on the subs

*2 Kole PH4-1400s on the highs

Type R 6x9s, 6 1/2s

Infinity 4x6s

Rockford punch 3 1/2s

Soon to be all Rockford punch highs

All 0ga wire

Big three

3 deep cycle batteries

Im pretty sure i've seen it done both ways I would do a seperate wire for each alt but thats just me I would want as much current flow as possible and when both alts kick on under high load all the current will go through that one wire. Plus then the current will all flow through the one bolt on one alt which will get let it get hotter..Heat= :bull:

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

When hookin up the alts do I put a power wire from each to the battery and one connecting the alts also? Or just one wire from each alt to the battery

Hella noob question sorry lol

One wire to each battery usually does it. I know people already replied but I figured I'd reinforce it. Also, if the batteries are close enough to each other you may be able to make/use buss bars to make the connections simpler. Takes a bit of fabrication though and not everybody has the tools for it. I know I don't =(

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Sounds good ill just run a single wire from each

personally i'd take one alt and connect directly yo the back battery bank if you have one seems to me that ill help directly charge those fast and not have the vehicles system take anyt power from that alt.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Honestly I would wire a positive from each alt to the positive of the front battery then wire the front battery to the back battery.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Honestly I would wire a positive from each alt to the positive of the front battery then wire the front battery to the back battery.

That's what I would do too, but I'm no expert when it comes to this

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Guest DC Power Rob

On your truck, stock alt to front batt, then rear batt. Second alt to rear batt with a 6ga or 8ga wire inbetween the two alts.. The 2 different voltage regs have slightly different voltages and wiring that way should help them balance better... The way you were thinking though is most popular fwiw..

On your truck, stock alt to front batt, then rear batt. Second alt to rear batt with a 6ga or 8ga wire inbetween the two alts.. The 2 different voltage regs have slightly different voltages and wiring that way should help them balance better... The way you were thinking though is most popular fwiw..

This. If you have the kind of current draw that requires 2 alternators it may not be necessary but I like to use 1/0 for all connections.

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3