Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Check Out This Box Design


FreekDesignz

Recommended Posts

Posted

i know lol, i just find it funny how many people come on here doing box designs....if you knew how many fail boxes i see a day man lol

I can only imagine.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

i love making boxes but i have only designed and built 2, and they both work out for me. they ware only for 10s and not a lot of power but it worked, i made thread with just box designs, if anyone asked me to make a box i would but you have have to give me the dimensions and port size and everything you wanted cuz im not going to do the research for you

Posted

im going to ask. how many boxes have you designed? What credentials do you have? any vids of your products in action? What products have you designed and built enclosures for?

I have never designed a box for anyone else except me. I have got over 30+ boxes sitting on my hard drive. I have been into car audio since i heard my cousins L7 15", when i was 7 yrs old. I got my first subwoofer for my 9th birthday (KLH 6.5") and from then on i tryed to learn as much as i could, the more i learned the more i wanted to know. i started getting serious when i my friends dad gave me a 05 Kicker L5 12", from then on my life was about car audio. :yahoo:

I do not have any videos of what i've designed because they have only gone as far as a Google Sketchup model. I have designed boxes for 6.5's, 8's, 10's, 12's, 15's, 18's and 21's. i so far have designed walls, ported boxes, sealed boxes and Band Pass Enclosures. However i can do any type of box you want, and if you dont like it i will redo the whole thing. Also i Will Not build a box for anyone, i will help you build a box but i will not build one for you. Reason being i do not trust my self. I personally dont think i do a good enough job at building boxes. :pardon:

Posted

I have a question- do YOU look at a subs T/S specs to design a box; or do you strictly focus on box size, general port area (12-16 cubes), and tuning?

Yes, i will look up the T/S specs if you want me to. I do follow the 12-16^2 per ft^3, or you can tell me if you want something different, its up to you. :drinks:

Posted

I have a question- do YOU look at a subs T/S specs to design a box; or do you strictly focus on box size, general port area (12-16 cubes), and tuning?

sometimes you have to use real life experience when designing boxes, rather then o these TS specs are it so this box is it.

To many manufacture lie on thier T/S anyhow

I dont have really any "Real Life" experience. :angry: Thats why i do these type things so i can learn more about what i should and shouldn't do.

Posted

ok i have a question about making boxes, i have a box calculator and i put in all my dimensions, but how do you account the port size into it? i can put in port size but when i do the port is very tiny and if i make it long and wrap around and stuff wouldnt that change the freq? here is a box i just made from my calculator, its tuned to 35hz, if i made the port into an L shape and like 24 inches deep, would that change the tune?

36x24x16tunedto35hzwith26displacement.png

Posted

dimensions are h-16 w-26 L-36 thickness is 3/4 in and as far as i understand, no its not a common wall. there is 4 sides to the port. all also 3/4 in wood. here is another pic of the inside.

36x24x16tunedto35hz2.png

Posted

dimensions are h-16 w-26 L-36 thickness is 3/4 in and as far as i understand, no its not a common wall. there is 4 sides to the port. all also 3/4 in wood. here is another pic of the inside.

36x24x16tunedto35hz2.png

How the hell is that tuned to 35hz?

Posted

I have a question- do YOU look at a subs T/S specs to design a box; or do you strictly focus on box size, general port area (12-16 cubes), and tuning?

Yes, i will look up the T/S specs if you want me to. I do follow the 12-16^2 per ft^3, or you can tell me if you want something different, its up to you. :drinks:

I hope you do know that, that theory doesn't hold true for every sub.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 537 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...